Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Setting up dx6i

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Setting up dx6i

    Hi this is my first ccpm heli with a dx6i and was wondering if you could help with pitch curves throttle curves and dual rates and that. I have got it hovering well and flying around but wanted to know about switching over to 3d. Done it once and it went mad think it's setup wrong thanks for any help.

    Loving the little monster so far


    Thanks guys

  • #2
    If i was you i would not even bother trying 3d until u r comfortable right way up.

    In answer to ur question you want a pitch curve of 0.25.50.75.100 and a flat throttle curve say 95%
    I run all my helis at dr of 100. Soon teaches you not to stick bang to much (-:

    Keep us posted.
    Current Fleet,
    T-Rex 500 Pro: Demon 3SX, Revolution/Rail, Blades, DS510M, DSDS655, CC BEC Pro,
    Goblin 500: Vortex VX1n, DS510M, DS655, Talon, Scorpion backup guard, Revolution 520 Blades.
    Phoniex Sim, DX9, PL8 charger, Fusion 600watt PSU


    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      As said get comfortable with the basics first or you'll wreck your heli, do you have a simulator? if not i'd recommend Phoenix, that way you can experiment without costing you £££ in parts

      You'll soon see the 130x is a fast little heli and can get away from you very very quickly, I haven't ditched mine yet but had a couple of close ones
      DX8

      Phoenix
      RealFlight 7

      Mcpx BL

      Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

      Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

      Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

      Comment


      • #4
        I am comfortable flying doing circuits and flying nose in I was just trying to get a feel for it when in 3d mode. My d/r. Is 100% and exp is 0 and is fine it's just I'm not sure I have the spool up switches send things set right forth transition between the 2

        Comment


        • #5
          What you need to do is set your pitch curve in normal mode so that it is the same percentage value as the corresponding idle up curve at the point you want to switch from normal to IU. That way when you flick between the two there won't be a jump up or down to scare the bejesus outta you
          Neil

          1 x


          Raptor 30, OS32, on its way to being FBL (and leccy?)
          Trex 450 Pro, Beastx, Savox 0257, DS520
          Blade 180CFX

          DX9 & DX7
          Too many planks...

          Comment


          • #6
            0 expo?? Crikey!! Don't you find it a bit twitchy? I'm using 25% expo on aileron and elevator and that feels about right for me
            DX8

            Phoenix
            RealFlight 7

            Mcpx BL

            Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

            Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

            Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

            Comment


            • #7
              I get it so if I set mid stick at 50% curve saying 50% is zero pitch looking at destruction again, it should jump to 100% throttle but stay were it is. Assuming everything is correct.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by djbandit View Post
                I get it so if I set mid stick at 50% curve saying 50% is zero pitch looking at destruction again, it should jump to 100% throttle but stay were it is. Assuming everything is correct.
                That's it btw expo softens the movement around mid stick, you'll still have 100% travel if your DR is 100 just a more delicate movement to start with
                DX8

                Phoenix
                RealFlight 7

                Mcpx BL

                Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

                Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

                Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

                Comment


                • #9
                  As Mark says yes correct, if you set it so that at hovering pitch (6 degrees) they're the same then you can take off in normal and then when hovering flick it into IU and flip away
                  Neil

                  1 x


                  Raptor 30, OS32, on its way to being FBL (and leccy?)
                  Trex 450 Pro, Beastx, Savox 0257, DS520
                  Blade 180CFX

                  DX9 & DX7
                  Too many planks...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MarkG_R1 View Post
                    That's it btw expo softens the movement around mid stick, you'll still have 100% travel if your DR is 100 just a more delicate movement to start with
                    Yeah I get the expo is set at 20% I was confusing it with my msr x setup for out doors like it sharp and crisp thanks for the help it is appreciated.

                    So are the stock settings in the book ok to use as I seem to javelin to move the stick quit far to get it of the ground as I had quit a bit more pitch than stock settings

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      You do know you can shorten the sticks on the dx6i 1.5mm hex driver in the top of the stick and either back the grub screw off a bit ( or remove it altogether like I have ) and wind the sticks down

                      I was finding it more difficult due to the long throw on the sticks, shortening them improved things for me
                      DX8

                      Phoenix
                      RealFlight 7

                      Mcpx BL

                      Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

                      Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

                      Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I didn't know that thanks might give it a try and see how that feels

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X