Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horizon a bit cheeky?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I've kept quiet for a while now but I can't believe the amount of people that come on here and express surprise that their flimsy plastic toys are falling apart?
    I took one look at the pre order photographs and knew exactly what they'd be like, how come all you disappointed blade owners couldnt draw the same conclusion?
    I guess as long as people are prepared to follow the herd and belive the 130x twaddle written on here then EFlite will be laughing all the way to the bank.
    Guy

    Logo 600 SX VBar - Velocity N2 FBL BeastX - TRex 600 FBL BeastX - TRex 450 Pro - Gaui 200 - Blade 130X

    And an E.G.S!


    Comment


    • #17
      Why speak to Horizon Hobby matscupoftea,your contract is with the retailer who sold you the helicopter, take it back to him to sort out, do not let him fob you off, if you believe the goods to be faulty it is his responsibility to sort it out for you
      To many model shop owners get away with this

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Gate88 View Post
        I've kept quiet for a while now but I can't believe the amount of people that come on here and express surprise that their flimsy plastic toys are falling apart?
        I took one look at the pre order photographs and knew exactly what they'd be like, how come all you disappointed blade owners couldnt draw the same conclusion?
        I guess as long as people are prepared to follow the herd and belive the 130x twaddle written on here then EFlite will be laughing all the way to the bank.
        I was and am under no illusion as to it's durability and build quality; FFS it's a tiny plastic toy, and tbh it's incredible how good it actually is IMO. I'm a reasonable pilot and I went in to it eyes open with low expectations. The problem comes from people who think they can over pitch them all time, crash in to every immovable in their garden and then get miffed when something does break.

        Anyway, that's enough OT from the original post, hopefully HH or his retailer will sort him out

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by jamiem View Post
          I was and am under no illusion as to it's durability and build quality; FFS it's a tiny plastic toy, and tbh it's incredible how good it actually is IMO. I'm a reasonable pilot and I went in to it eyes open with low expectations. The problem comes from people who think they can over pitch them all time, crash in to every immovable in their garden and then get miffed when something does break.

          Anyway, that's enough OT from the original post, hopefully HH or his retailer will sort him out
          I'm not saying they don't fly well JM, they fly how I expected the MCPX to fly, and my concern isn't with the number of negative comments I read on the forums, it's from the chaps that have them at my club. Theyre all of a reasonable skill level but still have their 130x's grounded cause they're waiting on gears, tail sliders etc, and I've seen these things go in flight, not as a result of a crash or even hard 3D, just a bit of sporty flying is stripping gears, and not just on one model but all of them, in fact I can only think of one person I fly with that hasn't has a catalogue of issues.
          Guy

          Logo 600 SX VBar - Velocity N2 FBL BeastX - TRex 600 FBL BeastX - TRex 450 Pro - Gaui 200 - Blade 130X

          And an E.G.S!


          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by coolice View Post
            I was going to say the same, take it back to your retailer to look over first and try to find the problem.

            TSK UK, do you still fly some TSK models?
            .

            Yes Ian .. but they are very old, one from 1993 YS91 Four Stroke ..... I am not aware of any others in the UK apart from close friends still use them ... Time moves on

            Comment


            • #21
              My original issue really is that what caused my crown gear to strip was a gentle, slow hover, no extreme pitch, no extreme flight, no crashes, following two gently flown hovers (with a slow circuit of approximately 8 feet in diameter) all with smooth, gentle, level landings. No contact between the tail and anything but air. Not even a blade of grass.

              So I guess I'm not disagreeing with you, Guy - If I'd pumped the pitch, knocked anything, thrown the heli around or had a hard landing I'd have accepted that maybe I'd overdone it and wouldn't be looking for a warranty-style replacement part for this flimsy plastic toy heli, but seeing as it failed under such circumstances, I would say that if nothing else, this whingeing post (and I admit I'm whingeing a little) and others like it merely serves to warn others of the flimsiness of this model.
              Raptor G4 - Radix 690s, OS 91HZ, Spartan Vortex v3, MKS HV servos, OptiFuel 20%
              Logo 600sx - Edge 603s, Turnigy 120HV - Scorpion 4035-500 - Mini Vbar - Savox servos
              Logo 550sx - Edge 553s, Turnigy 100LV - Scorpion 4025-1100 - Mini Vbar - Futaba 451/251s
              Blade 130X moneypit shelved

              Comment


              • #22
                Ah, bum. So I guess I need to retract somewhat rapidly. I've just received a replacement crown gear from Horizon in the post.
                Tail between legs.
                (although there was no reply to my email - not even an acknowledgement - to be fair to them perhaps they are too busy moving site to be spending time answering emails)
                Now to get this one properly meshed, having learned from the previous experience, and get this little plastic toy flying again.
                Raptor G4 - Radix 690s, OS 91HZ, Spartan Vortex v3, MKS HV servos, OptiFuel 20%
                Logo 600sx - Edge 603s, Turnigy 120HV - Scorpion 4035-500 - Mini Vbar - Savox servos
                Logo 550sx - Edge 553s, Turnigy 100LV - Scorpion 4025-1100 - Mini Vbar - Futaba 451/251s
                Blade 130X moneypit shelved

                Comment


                • #23
                  bonus!

                  have fun!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by mattscupoftea View Post
                    I've just received a replacement crown gear from Horizon in the post.
                    Could it be the "power of the press" or in this case the internet??
                    Helicopter pilots get it up quicker.

                    When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

                    Why simplify when it is so much simpler to complicate.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by helijohn View Post
                      Could it be the "power of the press" or in this case the internet??
                      Not at all, their customer service is actually excellent! If you take the time to write a letter explaining your problem, you also will get a clear and polite response as I and many have. Yes they do have some problems but most importantly they deal with them efficiently and professionally.
                      SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Yup, this was a swift response from them, and they have totally sorted me out. I think that their slightly distrusting attitude with me on the phone was because perhaps lots of people have in fact crashed their helis and 'tried it on' to get free replacement parts. Hard to tell, seeing as I had this problem occur and in all honesty there was no crash.
                        To vouch for my own honesty, I got straight on the phone to the retailer who was going to try to look into it, and told them what has happened, and cancelled my request for a replacement part from them. I could've kept quiet and hoped to receive a spare, but I'm not trying to cheat anyone here. . .

                        So, thanks Horizon Hobby for dealing with this quickly (but do get back to emails, even if it's to say 'hi, we're on it')
                        Raptor G4 - Radix 690s, OS 91HZ, Spartan Vortex v3, MKS HV servos, OptiFuel 20%
                        Logo 600sx - Edge 603s, Turnigy 120HV - Scorpion 4035-500 - Mini Vbar - Savox servos
                        Logo 550sx - Edge 553s, Turnigy 100LV - Scorpion 4025-1100 - Mini Vbar - Futaba 451/251s
                        Blade 130X moneypit shelved

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          The crown gear at the front does strip easily and I've replaced a couple after hard landings. Also, the torque tube is about 2mm too long and can rub on the tail rotor shaft. To get the gears meshing properly, I trimmed 2mm off the tube, then glued both the front take off gear and the rear output gear to the torque tube, with a dab of Cyno. Works fantastic now.
                          Mke

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Can we have a pic of what the meshing should look like ? My replacement arrived yesterday and don't want it messing up on me again. Cheers
                            Last edited by kaue9; 20-09-2012, 10:16 AM.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X