Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont despair the 130 can fly well.....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dont despair the 130 can fly well.....

    Hi there

    Although some 130's have problems straight out the box please believe me there are good ones aswell.....

    My 130 flew great from day one with the only change being making clearance between the elevator circuit board and the main gear. It would seem getting the main blade bolt tension just right is very important and seriously effects the heli if wrong. This is only my view and other may not agree but.....

    Standard battery is rubbish so.......Overlander packs are alot better.

    Standard charger is poor so x6 charge board..........Eflite E-Flite Parkzone UMX / Blade 130x Battery 1-6 Pack Charge Adapter | eBay

    Mine didnt seem to have much slop in the links but ordered these 130X Silicone O-Ring Kit and they made a noticable differance.

    Although there was quite alot of slop in the tail unit it worked fine but ordered Rakon Blade 130X Aluminium Tail Pitch Slider Set CNC Silver [130X896-S] im sure this makes the biggest differance to the tail slop. I know others have had issues with the Rakon stuff but other than it being fiddly to fit, its sliky smooth and works well.

    Mine did have the vibration on spool up, but dissapears when upto speed......I fitted a CF tail in the hope it helped.....and it did.....so on mine fitting Rakon Blade 130X CF Tail Vertical Fin set Style 02 CNC Silver [130X856-S] almost got rid of the spool up vibration.

    Only other upgrade is the tail blade grips Rakon Blade 130X Aluminium Tail Blade Grip Set CNC Silver [130X959-S] didnt really need these but they look nice......they do reduce slop abit....but the slider makes the biggest differance.

    And totally personnal choice for the green blades......they fly just the same as the standard ones.....just makes it easier to see when flying.

    Hope this helps people thinking of buying a 130x......if you get a bad one.....id send it back.....

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	318.9 KB
ID:	1910636Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0901.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	1910637Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0904.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	1910638Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0905.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	293.2 KB
ID:	1910639

    Thanx
    Ken
    Last edited by kenny.c; 17-09-2012, 12:15 PM.
    "Yes it is hard to fly"
    "What do you think.....no you carnt have a go"
    "Further than you can see"
    "So your dads got one.....id love to see it"


    Powered by pure luck and a

  • #2
    Great post ken thanks

    Ray
    Logo 550sx Spirit System
    Goblin 500 Spirit System

    Compass Atom 500 Fly barred
    Compass Warp 360 FBL

    Some of them fpv quad racing things

    And an EGS. Many thanks

    Comment


    • #3
      But if you've had to do so much moding to get it near perfect then yours was crap out of the box too.
      Last edited by p4ddy; 17-09-2012, 04:22 PM.
      Yes the big sigpic is coming back

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by p4ddy View Post
        But if you've had to do so much moding to get it near perfect then yours was crap out of the box too.
        lol ..

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by p4ddy View Post
          But if you've had to do so much moding to get it near perfect then yours was crap out of the box too.
          +1 what's the price of it now, including all the mods?

          Comment


          • #6
            If this was a car it would probably be on a 'Q' plate at this stage


            Just my £0.02...

            I can't understand why anyone would buy a heli that is going to cost more by the time it's Fit-To-Fly than it would have cost to buy a decent heli in the first place.

            People knock Align clones, but surely replacing all of these parts on a 130 to make it fit for purpose is no different than buying an Align clone and replacing parts with Align gear... ?

            I was given a Blade 450 as a present a while ago and compared with even a clone T-Rex 450, it looked like a cheap plastic toy.

            I realise that some people like the idea that it's RTF, but I'd definitely rather have a cheap Chinese clone than a Blade 450, and although I haven't held a 130, going off the bad reports I've been reading, it seems that quality wise, they're probably even worse.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by collective itch View Post
              +1 what's the price of it now, including all the mods?
              The only mod I have done is the o-rings, and KBDD tail blade (don't consider that too much of an expense). Plus ensuring the the main blade are tightened and the A gear does not touch the FET.

              There is still a little tail wag, but my 130X flies fine. I am a beginner so might be excused for not recognising some of the finer points of flying a helicopter but this helicopter at £160.00 plus extras like batteries surely cannot be considered too much to expend.

              I seem to remember reading threads on many more expensive helicopters where the product quality is considered " not fit for purpose", so the 130X is no different to others.

              I also fly an Align 450 Sport (still flybarred) and have spent money on upgrading that, as I suspect have so many more.
              Align Trex450 Sport
              Blade 130X
              DX6i
              Phoenix

              Member sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Mine is flying great out of the box BUT

                There is room for improvement on the tail slop

                I've cut one of the supplied canopy grommets in half and put over the ball on the control arm, this has removed 50% of the slop, the rest will be done with an ally tail slider

                I'm the kind of person that doesn't mind a bit of tinkering to get things right so that being the only issue, I'm happy
                DX8

                Phoenix
                RealFlight 7

                Mcpx BL

                Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

                Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

                Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

                Comment


                • #9
                  I got my 130x on Saturday, probably about 8-10 flights on it now with no crashes and its awesome. For £140 you can't complain. Got more batteries coming so will be sure to get more flights on it in the coming days but so far its flawless. It will do any move I can throw at it and a lot more and that's only on the stock battery.

                  Couldn't be more pleased
                  TREX 700E DFC SK540

                  TREX 550E AR7200BX

                  Logo 400SE SK540

                  Check Out My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/pocoyo2212?feature=mhee

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    +1 I am a beginner (still hovering sort of!!) but I love my 130X. First one was a dud (agreed by KLMS and replaced - Thanks again guys) but the replacement is fantastic.

                    This was bought as a practice machine to develop my flying and for use indoor (My Raptor is too big and noisy for a sports hall!!) but she inspires such confidence that I keep flying her in the garden. More stick time and more experience in a neat easy to carry around package. Bargain at £140. IMHO!
                    Central Model Heli Club. #keeprchelisalive

                    ​Guinness World Record Pilot 2013!

                    sigpic thank you.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well I got mine pretty cheap off a guy who had given up with it......I couldnt really fault it out the box.....but......everyones idea of good if differant I suppose....

                      Reason I got one was when our indoor becomes available again ill get far more out of the 130 than I ever would out of the 450pro I sold as im willing to try far more things. Im very happy with it.......and really the only mod I needed to do was the O-rings and maybe the slider.....the rest was just for the hell of it. I still think its a low price to pay compaired to the rest of the money ive spent on the hobby.

                      Ken

                      Just as a side thought......how many rc helis are released without problems anyway....even the mighty SAB Golbin with fantastic engineering had several "issues" with one fix being "add some tape to the boom mount of your 2K heli".....
                      Last edited by kenny.c; 17-09-2012, 07:47 PM.
                      "Yes it is hard to fly"
                      "What do you think.....no you carnt have a go"
                      "Further than you can see"
                      "So your dads got one.....id love to see it"


                      Powered by pure luck and a

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Fly out of the box.!!! i needed to adjust the swash but otherwise apart from the odd shivers she gets its amazing how well she 3D's
                        Today's outlook is fine for flying.
                        • Spektrum DX18 gen2, Phoenix Sims, Align MR25XP.
                        • Blade Nano, mCP X, 130x, Blade 180, Mini T 450se
                        • Trex 250dfc Gpro, Trex 500EFL Gpro.
                        • Trex 600E Gpro DFC, Trex 600NSP now Gpro, DFC, Redline 56
                        • Flickr Through My Pictures.
                        • A helicopter is an aircraft that is lifted and propelled by one or more horizontal rotors because Wikipedia said so.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          None of my other helis flew out the box. I had to build them ffs!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            For me, this model should be treated like a second hand heli. I.e., get it out of the box, break it down, rebuild from scratch, then you know it's right. It will at least help a little I suppose. That's what I'd do anyway.
                            Last edited by dani_r; 17-09-2012, 10:41 PM.
                            Very proud to be an Align-Trex.co.uk Team Pilot!

                            SAB
                            Goblin 700 / V-Bar Blueline 5.3 Pro
                            Trex 600 EFL Pro / V-Bar Silverline 5.3 Pro
                            Trex 500 FBL /
                            Beast X
                            Futaba 8FG

                            Proud Owner of 2 EGS Awards

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just wondering when the bring these helis out mcpx and the 130x they seem to have top 3d pilots
                              flying them to boost sales surely they would give feedback before the hit the shops?
                              It seems they don't product test that much and let the punter find all the problems for them.

                              It has one bonus it makes used mcpx cheap so I now have one.lol
                              Raptor 30v2
                              Skya 500 x 2 one to be Scale Bo 105
                              Copter X450 x 2
                              Trex 250 x 2
                              Mcpx
                              Raven wing.
                              Suhkoi
                              Anx Floater
                              Radjet 800


                              DX7
                              Phoenix v4

                              Proud to be member of SCHA

                              Log Cabin for Hire in Snowdon.


                              http://www.youtube.com/user/streetlu...s?feature=mhee

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X