I have 2 x 130x's, one is stock and apart from a sloppy tail fly's pretty well and needs NO trim whatsoever, which is how it should be.
The other 130x (Stiffy) has always had a mind of it's own from day one and is the one I am experimenting on with different parts and setups to get it right. Resolved the tail wag by turning down the gyro gain -2 and fitting the RKH slider and a CF rod on the tail fin. Gave it a little more Negative Pitch by adjusting the Pitch Travel in the Servo Setup, which makes inverted flying alot less stressful. The only minor issue I have is a slow clockwise rotation when gently hovering and a slight pull to the left. As I couldn't fix this mechanically, I resorted to tweaking the sub-trim. I put 6L on the rudder to counter the rotation and 10R on the Aileron to counter the left drift. Re-calibrated and all seems absolutely spot on and tuned in perfectly, the tail is also rock solid.
I have read that you should NOT use any Trim on this bird, but if you have to certain trims are ok and some are not? Huh, Confused?
I think Rudder is ok to play with just like the Pitch Sub-Trim is OK to play with, but should I really be changing the Aileron Sub-Trim to 10R? Other advice says not to, HH say not to, I did and it seems ok and has corrected the drifts, so am I OK or is there another way to correct it mechanically that i have missed.
Thoughts on 130x Sub-Trim greatly appreciated.
The other 130x (Stiffy) has always had a mind of it's own from day one and is the one I am experimenting on with different parts and setups to get it right. Resolved the tail wag by turning down the gyro gain -2 and fitting the RKH slider and a CF rod on the tail fin. Gave it a little more Negative Pitch by adjusting the Pitch Travel in the Servo Setup, which makes inverted flying alot less stressful. The only minor issue I have is a slow clockwise rotation when gently hovering and a slight pull to the left. As I couldn't fix this mechanically, I resorted to tweaking the sub-trim. I put 6L on the rudder to counter the rotation and 10R on the Aileron to counter the left drift. Re-calibrated and all seems absolutely spot on and tuned in perfectly, the tail is also rock solid.
I have read that you should NOT use any Trim on this bird, but if you have to certain trims are ok and some are not? Huh, Confused?
I think Rudder is ok to play with just like the Pitch Sub-Trim is OK to play with, but should I really be changing the Aileron Sub-Trim to 10R? Other advice says not to, HH say not to, I did and it seems ok and has corrected the drifts, so am I OK or is there another way to correct it mechanically that i have missed.
Thoughts on 130x Sub-Trim greatly appreciated.

Comment