Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your verdict on metal gears?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Fitted the metal gear a few days ago, as well as upgrading the tail blade holders and slider (Rakon).
    I had already fitted the o-rings,but still suffered some vibration.

    The metal gear (plus the other metal upgrades) has made a massive difference to this helicopter's stability, it is virtually vibration free and the upgrades haveremoved that "clickety-clack" sound that was previously present. All in all it runs much smoother.

    I did the usual checks, particularly checking for the evenness of the circumference of the metal gear and its placement relative to the FET. It's close but not touching.

    Despite the negative posts for the 130X I am still impressed with it, yes it has some inherent design faults, but it is built to a cost that allows users to experiment and hopefully progress without significantly large expenditure compared to most other models available.
    Align Trex450 Sport
    Blade 130X
    DX6i
    Phoenix

    Member sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      +1 on that. Love mine to bits! (Optional Metal bevel gear fitted).
      Central Model Heli Club. #keeprchelisalive

      ​Guinness World Record Pilot 2013!

      sigpic thank you.

      Comment


      • #18
        Proof that the metal gear is smaller

        This is a sanded down plastic gear
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349314761.325476.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1872548

        This is the metal gear

        Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349314785.421607.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1872549

        Haven't flown it yet but it feels good
        DX8

        Phoenix
        RealFlight 7

        Mcpx BL

        Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

        Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

        Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

        Comment


        • #19
          love mine also
          I

          Comment


          • #20
            Put all 6 if my batteries through the 130 in the garden today and despite being a bit windy, this thing flies awesome

            I still haven't crashed it! I seem to be able to get out of anything!!

            I'm sure after saying that I'll bin it
            DX8

            Phoenix
            RealFlight 7

            Mcpx BL

            Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

            Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

            Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

            Comment


            • #21
              Are they now selling the C gear seperately, or do we still have to spend £10 to replace the whole set including including a plastic version of this upgrade? They really have bumped their heads over the prices and packaging of the spares.
              Mikes Place - Home of the golden dump.

              Sponsored by Elite Models.
              http://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/

              Comment


              • #22
                C and D are sold together with two collars. That's just the two at the back.

                Comment

                Working...
                X