Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your verdict on metal gears?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's your verdict on metal gears?

    So I need to order a new tail gear and was wondering if those of you already using the metal gears have come to a verdict yet? Worth it? not worth it?

    Also is there anywhere with stock of plastic or metal. I have seen a few sites but they don't have stock level indicators
    Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

  • #2
    Hi Got the metal upgrade gear from the us via ebay. Has been spot on better fixing on the shaft more head speed as the plastic gear wears it causes drag on the shaft. I use a drop of scorpion motor oil on it every 10 flights. Very crash resistant I am learning piro flips on it so can vouch for that.
    Goblin 700 comp 3 blade Kyle stacey head and tail, 160 scorpion esc , ultimate motor,MKS. Vbar NEO
    Trex 700 DFC Dominator motor, scorpion . MKS. Vbar NEO
    iCharger 4010 , PL8 charger,
    Vbar Control and a case of lithium plus an eu10i genny !!!

    Comment


    • #3
      What about the argument of the plastic gears are designed to save damage to other parts?
      Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

      Comment


      • #4
        With the metal gear the small plastic tail gears strip as they should they are available as a double pair. The plastic main gear only comes as a full set so I dont believe it was designed as a safety gear.
        Goblin 700 comp 3 blade Kyle stacey head and tail, 160 scorpion esc , ultimate motor,MKS. Vbar NEO
        Trex 700 DFC Dominator motor, scorpion . MKS. Vbar NEO
        iCharger 4010 , PL8 charger,
        Vbar Control and a case of lithium plus an eu10i genny !!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Anyone know a shop with stock?
          Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

          Comment


          • #6
            Showing green stock Robot Birds

            Robot Birds
            T- rex 600n V-bar
            Logo 550sx V-bar
            Logo 600sx V-bar
            Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

            VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BladeStriker View Post
              Showing green stock Robot Birds

              Robot Birds
              think im going to get the metal gear if i can find that in stock
              Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

              Comment


              • #8
                Are we talking servo or actual tail parts?? Sorry if I seem dense.
                Helicopter pilots get it up quicker.

                When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

                Why simplify when it is so much simpler to complicate.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by helijohn View Post
                  Are we talking servo or actual tail parts?? Sorry if I seem dense.
                  talking about the gears

                  Blade 130X Optional Metal Bevel Gears : BLH3735
                  Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gecko501 View Post
                    Ah gotcha. I steer clear of torque tubes etc. as I do not like gearboxes at the tail. I have had a few (Century and such) and hated them. The only bird that I still have with a gearbox is my Eolo and they are metal.........nice but.

                    The other week I had to strip it down to enable fixing the gearbox from rotating and what a PITA that was. Took me hours thanks to the loctite and other problems.

                    I think I hate the clearance issues mostly.

                    My experience with the metal ones is fine as long as the lube is kept up.
                    Helicopter pilots get it up quicker.

                    When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.

                    Why simplify when it is so much simpler to complicate.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i belive HH stock arrives tomorrow, this is one of the parts i have to order

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Dam and I ordered from US last night!
                        Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by helijohn View Post
                          Ah gotcha. I steer clear of torque tubes etc. as I do not like gearboxes at the tail. I have had a few (Century and such) and hated them. The only bird that I still have with a gearbox is my Eolo and they are metal.........nice but.

                          The other week I had to strip it down to enable fixing the gearbox from rotating and what a PITA that was. Took me hours thanks to the loctite and other problems.

                          I think I hate the clearance issues mostly.

                          My experience with the metal ones is fine as long as the lube is kept up.
                          I have only found the linked gear above strip though, even with a TT, it's really quite good on the 130x
                          Kev




                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Ok so ordered metal gear from USA on 10th and arrived today. Holiday starts tomorrow result!!

                            http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...d=390454860516
                            Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wow I installed the metal gear and added the RC hero o'rings and what an amazing difference, almost no vibes on spool up but most importantly my 130x no longer gets the shakes and I don't mean vibes or tail wag, it was crazy shaking every time the heli lost some height. rock solid today!!! Loving it!
                              Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X