My rakon slider works great. Was fiddly to fit, no question over that.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Rakon 130x heli parts BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY - Avoid
Collapse
X
-
One part not working I can live with, that's just the way it goes but all 3 items I've ordered don't work as advertised. Maybe I got the same Friday afternoon person putting my bits together but for me that's more than just unlucky.
Still, stock parts back on the it's flying great. Just a shame I wasted near £50!!Field of Doom Flight Club - Founding Member, regular contributor!
It is sometimes better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Proud owner of 2 x Eddie Goldstars
RCHA Member
LFXproductions create high quality video productions.
LFXproductions.co.uk
For more info email us at dan@lfxproductions.co.uk
Comment
-
Send them back then Dan, you shouldn't lose out on £50's worth if they ain't for for purpose ;-)Originally posted by Lynx.1677 View PostOne part not working I can live with, that's just the way it goes but all 3 items I've ordered don't work as advertised. Maybe I got the same Friday afternoon person putting my bits together but for me that's more than just unlucky.
Still, stock parts back on the it's flying great. Just a shame I wasted near £50!!
Dan
Goblin 500 | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
Spektrum DX8


GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012
Comment
-
I think you were unlucky Dan, understand your frustration but my RKH parts seems top quality and do as advertised after some tweaking. I've read about many problems with the MH upgrades which is just bad quality, I haven't read any other bad comments about RKH? They are definitely better quality than MH, unless you get a duff of course, which is what I think you must have. I do agree tho for the price, there should be NO issues and just improvements and I know you know what you're talking about, so will keep an eye on those parts closely now.SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8
Comment
-
Using the rakon slider. Far better than stock.
Are we sure it's not the plastic arms that are different internal diameters? Rakon can not be blamed for those.130x
Blade mSR-X ( Lost
)
Phoenix V3 Sim (Now V4)
PZ UM T-28 (The Dark Side) - 20 crashes and still going
DX7
Skill and Ability - Waiting Delivery!
Comment
-
-
If it turns out the plastic arms that come off the standard slider have different size holes resulting in some being tight explain to me how that would be Rakon's fault?Originally posted by panosg View PostThey should be blamed!!!
All upgrades should be made to fit the standard 130x parts.
How could they be held at blame for poor manufacturing tolerances on another part if that is the case?
Sorry you have lost me with your comment. I was trying to point out maybe the issue is with the plastic arms that come of the standard slider. Some have had problems with the slider sticking because some of the (blade) tail shafts are a tiny bit bigger in diameter. Is that Rakon's fault? maybe they should have made all the others a bit sloppy so this could not happen.130x
Blade mSR-X ( Lost
)
Phoenix V3 Sim (Now V4)
PZ UM T-28 (The Dark Side) - 20 crashes and still going
DX7
Skill and Ability - Waiting Delivery!
Comment
-
also - over at helifreak, they've started flipping the tail grips to make them leading edge control. seems a lot of them find this is better for more precise and smooth tail handling. so you might want to check that out as well? i don't know if it applies to metal parts as well but i'll definitely look into this in the future. it involves flipping the tail servo around as well to get right control but i can't be bothered with all that right now.
Comment
-
I don't think it is the case. The stock part is smooth and moves freely yet the Rakon part binds and actually causes the tail to stick. In my book that has nowt to do with Eflite and everything to do with **** poor QC at RakonHeli.Originally posted by SmileyMan View PostIf it turns out the plastic arms that come off the standard slider have different size holes resulting in some being tight explain to me how that would be Rakon's fault?
How could they be held at blame for poor manufacturing tolerances on another part if that is the case?
Sorry you have lost me with your comment. I was trying to point out maybe the issue is with the plastic arms that come of the standard slider. Some have had problems with the slider sticking because some of the (blade) tail shafts are a tiny bit bigger in diameter. Is that Rakon's fault? maybe they should have made all the others a bit sloppy so this could not happen.Field of Doom Flight Club - Founding Member, regular contributor!
It is sometimes better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Proud owner of 2 x Eddie Goldstars
RCHA Member
LFXproductions create high quality video productions.
LFXproductions.co.uk
For more info email us at dan@lfxproductions.co.uk
Comment
-
Just to note that mine were also a very tight fit, it needed some twisting and loosening before it was fit to fly. My experience from RKH is that parts always come tight fitting and need loosening a bit to work ideally, but i would rather the parts this way than too loose out of the packet, as you can make them looser but not easy to make them tighter.Originally posted by Lynx.1677 View PostI don't think it is the case. The stock part is smooth and moves freely yet the Rakon part binds and actually causes the tail to stick.
P.S. I do not work for RKH or am i affiliated to them in any way
I just love 'em.
SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8
Comment
-
Utter sh1te IMO. I'm well versed in the micro Heli field and can confirm this upgrade is rubbish. Fitted mine last night with out problem. 1st flight today and 1 min in complete loss of tail. 1 of the pins came out. WTF. I thought they felt a bit easy to push in last night too. Back to stock we go.sigpic
7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20
Comment



Comment