Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rakon 130x heli parts BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY - Avoid

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rakon 130x heli parts BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY - Avoid

    So I got the Rakon heli tail slider and tail grips today. The tail slider pins are way too thick so the small wishbone looking plastic arms now bind where they did not before. The tail grip bearings are notchy as hell and I've not even used them yet.

    Avoid at all costs, waste of money! Stock parts are better!

    Dan
    Field of Doom Flight Club - Founding Member, regular contributor!

    It is sometimes better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

    Proud owner of 2 x Eddie Goldstars
    RCHA Member

    LFXproductions create high quality video productions.
    LFXproductions.co.uk
    For more info email us at dan@lfxproductions.co.uk

  • #2
    Pans!!!! That was close!
    I was about to hit by now up to £45.00 worth of upgrades!

    Thanks for the warning mate and sorry for your money loss.



    sigpic X 2











    Comment


    • #3
      I'm using the MH double bearing slider and it's been working great. My stock slider pin was bent and just on the verge of breaking. Heli was waging and almost unhoverable before the upgrade. I'd recommend upgrading that part for sure. Stock one is very weak and has very sloppy bearings. I've also got a second RKH slider for a second 130x not fitted yet. May be you just got a bad one. Let us know how you get on?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Lynx.1677 View Post
        So I got the Rakon heli tail slider and tail grips today. The tail slider pins are way too thick so the small wishbone looking plastic arms now bind where they did not before. The tail grip bearings are notchy as hell and I've not even used them yet.

        Avoid at all costs, waste of money! Stock parts are better!

        Dan
        Dan,
        I've got the rakonheli pitch slider & yes at first it was tight but after rotating the plastic arms a bit & allowing a couple of hovering flights mine has bedded in nicely & blows the stock item out the water ;-)

        Nice tight tail on mine

        Dan

        Goblin 500
        | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
        Spektrum DX8


        GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

        Comment


        • #5
          Tried to fly mine and the tail blew out and span the heli. Stock parts back on and it flies awesome. Why I ever bothered upgrading I'll never know! Save your money for spares not these shoddy "bling" items.
          Field of Doom Flight Club - Founding Member, regular contributor!

          It is sometimes better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

          Proud owner of 2 x Eddie Goldstars
          RCHA Member

          LFXproductions create high quality video productions.
          LFXproductions.co.uk
          For more info email us at dan@lfxproductions.co.uk

          Comment


          • #6
            Dan I agree to some extent , it seems that there seem to be quality control issues with some of these upgrade parts too. However, I've been lucky with all my blingy bits so far

            Comment


            • #7
              my tail slider pin was fine never had any bother and works a treat, probably the only bit of bling i'd buy at the moment.

              Comment


              • #8
                You don't want it loose, of course, as it helps prevent slop.
                You could "work it" a little to bed it in as mentioned above, it should be awesome then.
                First one I've heard that thinks it is a waste tbh

                Cheers,
                Rob
                Team Align, Midland Helicopters, Optifuel, Cyclone Blades, Scorpion Motors, Thunder Power, Savox Servos, JR Propo

                | 3D Championship

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi,sorry Rob,but when you buy upgrade parts they should work out of the packet,that really goes for all products,your's,Marty.
                  Chase 360 and JR Ninja all controlled by JR XG8


                  proud owner of 2 EGS's

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by robgt View Post
                    You don't want it loose, of course, as it helps prevent slop.
                    You could "work it" a little to bed it in as mentioned above, it should be awesome then.
                    First one I've heard that thinks it is a waste tbh

                    Cheers,
                    Rob
                    Of course, however when it doesn't work even as well as the stock part then I class it as a total waste of money. It was meant to improve over the stock items and at the very least it should be as good. I can only go by my experience and it's not been good with 3 seperate parts. Even the motor heatsink snapped when I tried to put it on. Says all I need to know about Rakonheli.
                    Field of Doom Flight Club - Founding Member, regular contributor!

                    It is sometimes better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

                    Proud owner of 2 x Eddie Goldstars
                    RCHA Member

                    LFXproductions create high quality video productions.
                    LFXproductions.co.uk
                    For more info email us at dan@lfxproductions.co.uk

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hey.

                      Mine work great out the packet, fiddly to fit but smooth in action.
                      .
                      Ian Contessa
                      Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



                      Coolice Power Supplies
                      Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I've got the rakoheli pitch slider and microheli tail grips and they both seem fine; I had no problems fitting them and now have no vibes at all in low and high throttle.

                        You could widen the 'wishbone' part of the lever; just get a screw the size of the width you want to widen too and screw in and out of the wishbone. The screw should shave off a little of the plastic; just make sure you don't shave of so much the plastic is weakened. Hope it helps?
                        Paz

                        Goblin Black Nitro
                        Goblin 380
                        Oxy 2
                        Vcontrol

                        Leicester Heli Flyers Club

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Seems there are lucky folk.
                          Seems there are unlucky folk.
                          Shame luck has to be involved at all.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Does seem very hit and miss thanks for the warning and sorry for the waste of money being a paying beta tester
                            BT/Openreach suck! 0.13kbps for months! Finally put on a temporary line 1.3mbps (unstable) since march 2013!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Damn it just ordered tail grips and slider :/

                              Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
                              Trex 700n DFC - YS120, Spartan Vortex
                              Gaui X5 - Spartan Vortex






                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X