If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
i've cut the wires and chucked it in salty water in a flower pot and dumped some more salt (lo-Salt - only ones I got) on top of the lipo. It's in the middle of the garden outside. I'll leave it there for 24 hours and will check and just dump in the recycle bin?
How much weight did you save pulling the plates out?
Not sure what that silver cover does? Is it just protective or is it housing the goods? Maybe do some surgery when fully discharged and have a look. Not sure if that is safe off course. If the goods are exposed then slicing the silver cover and letting moisture and air in might not be so good.
Just curious as one of my gens ace has a slight dent in the silver package. Very small and hasn't broken the silver wrapping but just wondering how sensitive that is. I think im just being paranoid, but don't think that is a bad thing with lipos. They have about 35-40 cycles and zero puffing.
Cheers
Goblin 700, Vbar Silverline, Savox SC-1267MG / SB-2272MG.Scorpion opto 130. Align 750mx /450kv
Trex 500 EFL Pro, DFC, Vbar 5.3 Full Pro.
CopterX 250 SE FBL, With Align upgrades and 3GX
JR XG 7
Mini CP, Heading for retirement.
I weighed it before I chucked it. With original wires, it was at 29g compared to 35.2g originally. Maybe could have brought it down to 27 if I had shortened the wires as well. I'm going to try again tonight. I've already taken photos of the steps last night and will post.
I have 2 more Gens I can play around (I have some more coming that I ordered last night)
I also removed the cover layers from my gens ace batteries to shed some weight. They didn't have aluminium plates attached to the cells.
Apparently the latest batch of these batteries do not contain aluminium plates. Still quite a lot of weight to be saved by stripping the outer coverings though.
have a look at my other thread. you're right, no more plates. weighs around 30g. i shorted the power leads and i will be shortening the balancing leads as well.
i did have a panic yesterday and the heli must have landed nose first. the battery was a tad bent. i just bent it back straight. battery looked ok and no puffing or something so i'm gonna keep it.
i did have a panic yesterday and the heli must have landed nose first. the battery was a tad bent. i just bent it back straight. battery looked ok and no puffing or something so i'm gonna keep it.
I am pleased to hear this (sorry about that!). Was a bit concerned that big batteries like the Gens Ace 450 might mash up the motor mount in a nose crash. Good to know that the batteries fold up.
LiPo batteries no more "environmentally hostile" than piece of plastic and can be just dumped, as long as they have been fully discharged first. This is where bucket of water (with salt added) comes in. The bad part is, it has to stay in the water for a week or so.
Trex 450 DFC with AR7200BX and several small E-flite Blades
Comment