Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tail Shaft BLH3731 Manufacturing Fault?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tail Shaft BLH3731 Manufacturing Fault?

    I am on my 4th replacement Tail Shaft not because I broke 4 but because they all seem to be faulty?
    Part No: BLH3731 The problem is the screw thread in the T Bar part of the shaft for holding on the Tail Blade Grips tightly. On all the parts I received, the screw goes in one end smoothly but will not go all the way in on the other side, whatever I try?!? If you tighten it too hard, the screw snaps inside the Tail Shaft which makes the part useless. If you do not fully tighten it, there is too much play in that tail blade grip which surely doesn't help with vibration issues. The original Tail Shaft is fine apart from being bent.
    I was just wondering if this was infact a manufacturing fault or just a bad batch and just me being unlucky?
    Does anyone else have a replacement BLH3731 Tail Shaft with the same issue?

    (Please no "Call HH" or "Send it Back" comments, just curious)
    SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8


  • #2
    Ah, I see what you're saying, either the hole isn't deep enough or it's threaded to short. Just checked mine, no movement. You could have duff ones.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Vikki View Post
      Ah, I see what you're saying, either the hole isn't deep enough or it's threaded to short. Just checked mine, no movement. You could have duff ones.
      Exactly, what's interesting is I ordered 2 different batches from 2 different sellers, all have the same issue. Doh
      SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

      Comment


      • #4
        Is it a small enough difference that you can shorten one of the screws? I know you shouldn't have to.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Vikki View Post
          Is it a small enough difference that you can shorten one of the screws? I know you shouldn't have to.
          Lol, I can hardly see the damn screws let alone cut them down in size, they also are very weak and break very easily so shouldn't need to force them if all was as it should be. I have emailed HH UK to see if they respond.
          SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

          Comment


          • #6
            They are tiny aren't they!

            Good thing, you tell 'em.

            Comment


            • #7
              I had the exact issue with my original tail bar, but I ordered 2 spares and not only were they a better T shape I could also screw the tail grips on properly.
              I think the design of the 130x is really good, but implementation is very patchy some say its fine others rubbish.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yep. I had exactly the same problem. I bent my original tail shaft and the first replacement one would not allow the screw to be tight enough and eventually sheared off! The second one was fine though.
                T-Rex 150 DFC
                T-Rex 700E DFC, 750MX, CC ICE 2 120 HV, 3xBLS351's, BLS251, CGY-750, SG Reactor X2, OptiPower, Edge 693SE
                DJI F450, Naza M V2 GPS, Zenmuse H3-2D, ImmersionRC Tx
                18 MZ
                ​JR DSX9

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mate of mine had the same problem with his replacement tail shaft which he bought to replace the bent original! :-( He's now bought this instead... All's good now apparently.

                  Double Bearing Aluminum Tail Blade Grip set - BLADE 130X, MICROHELI
                  Tom
                  sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                  SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                  - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                  Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                  Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                  .... and a Gaui X3
                  Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                  ... and two EGS'



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
                    Mate of mine had the same problem with his replacement tail shaft which he bought to replace the bent original! :-( He's now bought this instead... All's good now apparently.

                    Double Bearing Aluminum Tail Blade Grip set - BLADE 130X, MICROHELI
                    I have ordered the same part,hoping it to be here in a day or 2.
                    Hirobo Lama with Electric Conversion
                    GraupnerMZ24 PRO





                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A number of folk have reported problems with the MH set on another forum. Rakonheli ones seem to be better.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I got my microheli grips and they certainly look nice... bearings seem smooth and they reduce slop over the original.

                        Unfortunately that's all I can say. I can't fly it because I lost a pin from the slider arm and am currently grounded. Sigh.
                        Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

                        sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Airsporter1st View Post
                          A number of folk have reported problems with the MH set on another forum. Rakonheli ones seem to be better.
                          I have read about trouble with circular rods trying to fit in square holes which is not good for MicroHeli, but that's the tail case a different part. I like RKH but I wasn't aware that they even sold this part? It's not on their website? I have already ordered alot of RKH goodness and waiting delivery.
                          SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
                            I got my microheli grips and they certainly look nice... bearings seem smooth and they reduce slop over the original.

                            Unfortunately that's all I can say. I can't fly it because I lost a pin from the slider arm and am currently grounded. Sigh.
                            Let us know how it goes when you're back in the air, I am tempted to get this MH part but for $26 I want to be sure it's worth it first.
                            SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X