Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which batteries? Gens or Turnigy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which batteries? Gens or Turnigy?

    Hi, was just wondering which batteries you guys prefer for the 130x?
    Gens Ace 450 or
    Turnigy 300?

  • #2
    Turnigy for me
    Sev

    ---
    Thunder Tiger E700 BD3SX
    Trex 700E DFC HV BD3SX (Night Flyer)
    Trex 450L DFC BD3SX
    Trex 150 PRO DFC
    Blade Nano CP X
    Blade mCP X v2
    Blade 130X
    DJI Inspire 1
    DJI Phantom 2 iOSDmini
    EMAX Nighthawk 280 Pro FPV Racer
    EMAX 250 Pro V2 FPV Racer

    Futaba 18MZ
    Phoenix V5, AccuRC, neXt & RX2SIM
    ​
    MK Heli Club MKMAA

    Proud Owner of:

    Comment


    • #3
      I went Overlander 350mAh. They have the right connecter and the Eflite lead lets me charge them on a normal charger. There's cheaper no doubt but these work for me

      Comment


      • #4
        Gens ace 450 are a bit heavy - not used them yet but am using 400mah batts of a similar weight.

        However I have seen guys making then lighter by removing the Ali plates etc... They then end up only a gram or two heavier than stock.

        If you can't be bothered with that, the turnigy are more plug and play I guess.
        Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

        sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Iv ordered some Extreme 450 mAh 2S 7.4v 40C form skyline models
          Proud member of the Mk Heli Club


          MK HELI CLUB WEB SITE


          Marriage is like playing poker. In the beginning, all you need is two hearts and a diamond. Then at the end all you want is a club and a spade.sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            I'm using nanotech 370mah. They fit, aren't too heavy, plenty of power and they're cheap. I cut about an inch off the discharge leads and crimped in a new jst just to make things more manageable.

            I swapped the connector on the heli for a jst to match the batteries.
            Current fleet: Goblin Thunder Sport (700), Trex 700L, Logo 600, Specter 700, Henseleit TDR, V-Baaa control.
            Next heli: I have pretty much everything I want. Maybe I'll upgrade some electronics or something.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Vikki View Post
              I went Overlander 350mAh. They have the right connecter and the Eflite lead lets me charge them on a normal charger.
              When you say 'Normal' charger, do you mean the stock EFlight charger or another normal type of charger? The reason i am asking is i have heard that 3rd party batteries do not charge properly on the stock charger.
              SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

              Comment


              • #8
                I like the nano 460mah for longer flight time 4-5min and its only 3g heavier than stock. Nano 300 has a higher discharge rate and obviously lighter but shorter flight time 3-3.5min.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Vikki View Post
                  I went Overlander 350mAh. They have the right connecter and the Eflite lead lets me charge them on a normal charger. There's cheaper no doubt but these work for me
                  +1 on overlander 350's a really nice cell set, and the last i bought were stronger than stock, Gensace 450's are very powerful but heavy, nano's dont have the power of either
                  Last edited by Mike00top; 25-08-2012, 08:24 PM.
                  Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                  Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm using Gen Ace 450mah lipo's, seem fine to me, maybe a tad heavy, but no overly noticeable

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SamS View Post
                      I'm using Gen Ace 450mah lipo's, seem fine to me, maybe a tad heavy, but no overly noticeable
                      i have a couple gens cells, these are powerful, but if you get a chance to try the little baby miniaviation 300mah 30c pack which is only 17g, then slide it forward until the CG is spot on the mainshaft, (hold heli on its side by the head and see which drops first front or back) then fly some consecutive flips or rolls, what you will see is a perfect balance between flips, it will hold so much more acurately on the spot, and the smoothness of the head can then be seen.

                      remember a heli that has a really bad C of G is likely to vibrate more, as each blade on each revolution has to change pitch to hold a still hover

                      please note the miniaviation 300 x 30c isnt as powerful though
                      Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                      Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        GiantShark is meant to be at The Nationals and I'm heading there tomorrow so if they have some gens ace, I might get a couple more to tie me up until Hobbyking gets some more Turnigy 300 ones

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          For time being I prefer Turingy 300 mAh. I had 450 GensAce, but they were too heavy and I have no skills to modify them. I've ordered a couple of dedicated 130x Nanotechs yesterday, will report back when they arrive, they weight 26g.
                          Michal

                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Thought I would share some thoughts of batteries for the blade 130,
                            Pics really say it all,but,will add that even though the Gens ace are the heaviest out of the lot, it's only in pirouetting stuff that you can feel the extra weight- centre of gravity remains the same and of course ,the extra power is nice

                            Will order a few more gens and try the plate removal tip...
                            Attached Files
                            Sab Goblin 570
                            Sab Goblin 500
                            500E Pro dfc
                            450 Pro dfc
                            Blade 300X
                            DX9

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by 3dx View Post
                              Thought I would share some thoughts of batteries for the blade 130,
                              Pics really say it all,but,will add that even though the Gens ace are the heaviest out of the lot, it's only in pirouetting stuff that you can feel the extra weight- centre of gravity remains the same and of course ,the extra power is nice

                              Will order a few more gens and try the plate removal tip...
                              when you go to remove the plates, go careful, they are stuck fairly well to the lipo skin. by the time you have all the excess off you will find it does fly better, i have tried alsorts of cells, and the sweetest balance appears to be about 18g - 20g the little heli then flies super smooth, as nothing is fighting it self
                              Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                              Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X