Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

130x Tail vibes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 130x Tail vibes

    Got the 130x the other day and gotta say i love it ! i even learn new things from it compared to my big helis.

    Was lucky that i didn't have the tail vibes straight out the box but i accidentally stripped a gear after about 5 flights or so, I then changed the gear and also the slider because i thought that was the cause of the vibes. i then balanced tail blades and it was then fine. after 2 flights it has now started doing it !

    I want to order the new micro heli titanium or stainless slider. has anyone tried it yet?
    Adam Melton

    Synergy E7 : BeastX V3, Scorpion hk4525-520 LE, outrage HV servos
    ELYQ vision 90 : BeastX V3,YS91 3DS,Outrage HV servos
    Rave ENV: Vbar silver line, outrage HV servos, os105, hatori exhaust
    Trex 450 pro : Spartan quark, MKS ds95, scorpion hk 2221-6, 11t pinion
    Blade 130x !!
    Futaba 8fg
    Spin Blades / Rail blades

    Sponsored by
    sigpic

  • #2
    I wonder if it's the torque tube vibrating around in the tail boom? I only wonder because my T-rex has a bearing and rubber bearing holder half way down the boom that the rod goes through.

    Could be talking through my butt since I've not clapped eyes on a 130X.

    Comment


    • #3
      I dont think it has a bearing on the inside as the boom is square. Its the slop in bearing and sloppy tail pitch slider which causes it
      Adam Melton

      Synergy E7 : BeastX V3, Scorpion hk4525-520 LE, outrage HV servos
      ELYQ vision 90 : BeastX V3,YS91 3DS,Outrage HV servos
      Rave ENV: Vbar silver line, outrage HV servos, os105, hatori exhaust
      Trex 450 pro : Spartan quark, MKS ds95, scorpion hk 2221-6, 11t pinion
      Blade 130x !!
      Futaba 8fg
      Spin Blades / Rail blades

      Sponsored by
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Had mine delivered today and apart from tightening main and tail blades and checking everything was where it should be- had 2 good flights in the garden,,,
        tail is spot one with the settings from the manual for the dx8 and apart from the resonance prior to take off,flys really nice- feels like a larger machine in the air and looks like it could be a keeper!!!.

        Took the boom apart and the torque rod is not supported like the larger stuff- basically its held together by the front and rear gears
        Time will tell if they change this aspect in version 2,,,,,,
        Sab Goblin 570
        Sab Goblin 500
        500E Pro dfc
        450 Pro dfc
        Blade 300X
        DX9

        Comment


        • #5
          I personally think its just the gyro not dealing with the low rpm vibs,bypass by spooling to just before they start and flick into IU1

          I say this because i strapped my camera to it and saw the vibes go through the cam just before it goes violent.
          T- rex 600n V-bar
          Logo 550sx V-bar
          Logo 600sx V-bar
          Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

          VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

          Comment


          • #6
            Sorry, meant my T-rex has a bearing and the 130X doesn't. Just wondered if it was the transfer rod wobbling. Not to worry

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Vikki View Post
              Just wondered if it was the transfer rod wobbling. Not to worry
              Yep, I was thinking the same last night - its a resonance with a pretty high 'Q'. I cant believe its just down to tail blade balance - that would get much worse at full RPM.
              If this was a sparkie issue, you would either dampen the Q of the resonance, or move it away from whatever frequencies were exciting it.
              I tried damping the resonance at tip of the tail fin and the middle of the spindly pitch pushrod, with not much luck.
              I tried adding a mass to the pitch pushrod, didn't get to test it yet.
              Then I poked my stupid finger into the tail blades and bent the cheesium tail shaft / feathering shaft horrid 'T' shaped thing. It's made of lead, honest...
              I was going to try stuffing a greased grommet up the boom to support the drive shaft, but couldn't find anything suitable, as it's square section, but that is a LONG thin unsupported spindle.
              Depressingly, maybe just best to ignore it & push through it fast...
              Glad you had an adventurous day Mrs. mongoose - good girl! Love your write-ups, keep them coming, they make me smile
              Trev
              Lots of different things that fly

              And happy to have FOUR shiny EGS

              Comment


              • #8
                Im 90% sure its the tail pitch slider. Have a look and see how much play is in it. my bearings are also fine so its not that. As i said i replaced the pitch slider and it was okay but now it has vibes after a few flights. the micro heli tail slider has dual bearings so this should wobble as much on the shaft
                Adam Melton

                Synergy E7 : BeastX V3, Scorpion hk4525-520 LE, outrage HV servos
                ELYQ vision 90 : BeastX V3,YS91 3DS,Outrage HV servos
                Rave ENV: Vbar silver line, outrage HV servos, os105, hatori exhaust
                Trex 450 pro : Spartan quark, MKS ds95, scorpion hk 2221-6, 11t pinion
                Blade 130x !!
                Futaba 8fg
                Spin Blades / Rail blades

                Sponsored by
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Vikki View Post
                  Could be talking through my butt since I've not clapped eyes on a 130X.
                  Lol, I was just wondering Vikki when you will be getting a 130X, as you seem to spend alot of time in the 130X thread? You must be at least intrigued by it?
                  SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I am sort of but I was just here trying to be helpful :blush:

                    I'm not really sure where it fits in with my crew. The 300X has become my try things out fella. At this time I've no interest in owning one.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It could replace Lazarus, just not sure what you would call it? Then again if you've got a 300X (Junior) you don't really need a Jnr Junior.
                      SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X