Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanted one but........

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I wanted one but........

    I refuse to pay the rip off prices for the spares. So for that reason.........I'm out.

    I can't believe that 450 Pro parts are cheaper!
    Field of Doom Flight Club - Founding Member, regular contributor!

    It is sometimes better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

    Proud owner of 2 x Eddie Goldstars
    RCHA Member

    LFXproductions create high quality video productions.
    LFXproductions.co.uk
    For more info email us at dan@lfxproductions.co.uk

  • #2
    The difference is tho, you can crash the 130 many many times without actually needing any spares!

    Let's be honest Dan, you'll have one at some point in the near future anyway!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Lynx.1677 View Post
      I refuse to pay the rip off prices for the spares. So for that reason.........I'm out.

      I can't believe that 450 Pro parts are cheaper!
      True, they are rip off as everything with E-Flite label is . My mini protos parts are cheaper, minus the blades.

      I'd not buy one for the same reason, but it's the only fully performing heli I can fly on a grass patch next to my house. 250 is too big and makes too much noise. Also, any crash on 250 will require some parts, 130x, you have a good chances of picking it up and flying immediately.

      I have about 80£ in "essential" spares. So far I had only one light crash, nothing happened. What bothers me more is that some parts, especially tail bearings and pitch slider seem to wear out very quick. Mine after 40 flights developed quite a lot of slop in tail assembly. Hopefully that can be fixed by using aftermarket parts.

      If you go to the field to fly 130x it's imo pointless, you may as well take a 450 or 250 with you (which I believe in long-is term will be less expensive in maintenance), if you want a heli which you can jump out of the house for 15 minutes and fly it in a grass patch or medium sized garden and you outfly mcpx (which you do, and I'll boldly state I do too ), it's a good (and unfortunately only) choice.

      It's definitely not a good beginner helicopter, but you aren't a beginner Dan.
      Michal

      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Seems to be a horses for courses thing, the 130X has its place like everything else.

        Vikki.

        Comment


        • #5
          Meh. I'll wait for the yanks to do all the 'testing' then might pick up a V2 when it comes out in about 3 weeks
          Very proud to be an Align-Trex.co.uk Team Pilot!

          SAB
          Goblin 700 / V-Bar Blueline 5.3 Pro
          Trex 600 EFL Pro / V-Bar Silverline 5.3 Pro
          Trex 500 FBL /
          Beast X
          Futaba 8FG

          Proud Owner of 2 EGS Awards

          Comment


          • #6
            Just for info, I just smashed mine into Tarmac/concrete outside my house (only one battery so takes me longer to get to the park than fly it at the moment!) flat out in IU 100% and only split the canopy (cant get any yet so dobbed on some cellotape) and grazed the ends of the blades. Straight back up in the air, no vibes or wobbles!!

            Maybe I was lucky, but I don't think so, went in with a right crack!! Also I've had a couple of 'moments' that I've been able to get out of with the power this thing has. Massively better than even a brushless mcpx IMO.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm waiting for the V2 before getting one - the one I saw fly had 4 flights, and then during a tail slide the TT failed and most likely one of the TT gears fell out mid flight. Damage amounted to £30 I think (tail fin, both tt gears, tail slider, pitch thing etc) which I don't think is that cheap at all for a heli of that size.
              Trex 700n DFC - YS120, Spartan Vortex
              Gaui X5 - Spartan Vortex






              Comment


              • #8
                The tall yellow weeds up our field has dragged mine down umpteen times with no damage.

                You will be fine down the field of doom with it but not so fine in the infamous 'tiny back yard'
                T- rex 600n V-bar
                Logo 550sx V-bar
                Logo 600sx V-bar
                Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Dan once you have a go at one you will want one , trust me
                  Adam Melton

                  Synergy E7 : BeastX V3, Scorpion hk4525-520 LE, outrage HV servos
                  ELYQ vision 90 : BeastX V3,YS91 3DS,Outrage HV servos
                  Rave ENV: Vbar silver line, outrage HV servos, os105, hatori exhaust
                  Trex 450 pro : Spartan quark, MKS ds95, scorpion hk 2221-6, 11t pinion
                  Blade 130x !!
                  Futaba 8fg
                  Spin Blades / Rail blades

                  Sponsored by
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The spare prices are shocking, as said though fly over long grass and you should escape without damage. The point made about it being a patch of grass flyer is spot on, for me anyway, nip over the park, 5mins away and fly
                    Sab Goblin 500

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Me too, I nip to the park over the road and get in a nice heli fix.

                      I'm up to a good 15 or 16 flights on mine I guess, and almost as many crashes lol. So far I can see a little wear on the black A gear, that seemed to start after a good tail in whack with power on so I don't think it was the heli's fault!

                      For a TT driven tail, this thing is very tough. I swear one or two of the crashes would have broken the stock mCP X.

                      And I can't say this enough, the tail is just brilliant compared to the mCP X... I still haven't managed to blow it out even under heavy bogging, and it's nice and responsive.
                      Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

                      sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X