Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blade 130x "A gear" manufacturing fault ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blade 130x "A gear" manufacturing fault ?

    I received my 130x this morning and straight away hit the horrible vibration issue on spool up. On closer inspection, I think I have two things wrong with my heli. One, the tail spindle doesn't look straight - though I admit, I'm just looking at it as I turn the main gear. More worrying though was that I noticed a "sticky" effect when I turned the blades by rotating the main gear.

    There was an obvious moment during each revolution where I could feel pressure against the rotation. Looking *really* closely, I could see the "A" gear move up very slightly on the "B" gear when at the pressure point. Looking closely at the "A" gear, the reason is obvious, it's been manufactured really badly. Now, this is a new heli arrived today - 5 flights, no crashes. The photo shows the problem pretty clearly I think. Look at the tooth in the centre of the image. There's about 3 or 4 teeth around the circumference of my A gear that are the same.

    Has anyone else noticed this !? Haven't seen anything in the usual sticky posts ...


    Click image for larger version

Name:	A-gear.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	1909767
    Tom
    sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
    SAB Goblin 630 Competition
    - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
    Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
    Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
    .... and a Gaui X3
    Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
    ... and two EGS'




  • #2
    Common issue. The TT/Boom is installed badly in the factory, In fact sometimes the wrong way round!!!!

    The sticking you are getting is the B gear being pushed out from the bearing towards the A gear due to the Boom set-up.

    This is damaging the edge of the A gear. The mesh is to tight.

    How I have learnt to install this so I get no wear on the A Gear until I crash lol

    Recommend this for ALL 130x even from new!

    1. Strip down the Head and Tail (Vids on Youtube for this)
    2. Remove all gears and the TT.
    3. Insert the C gear (Big white one) onto the small flat of the TT (Some dental floss gives a better fit just remember to trim flush with a sharp knife so it does not get into the bearing)
    4. Make sure the tail case is "Fully" inserted onto the boom (Hot glue if it's not tight)
    5. Insert the TT into the Boom and fit the B gear (Small metal one).
    6. Loosen the 2 screws in the frame holding the boom in.
    7. Push the boom all the way in and you will get some movement on the TT back and forth.
    8. Slowly pull the boom out bit by bit Until the back and forth slop just disappears (I find levering with a screwdriver between the frame and tail servo mount helps here).
    9. Tighten the frame screws. Replace Boom mount and rebuild Head and Tail.
    10. Sorted!!!

    As for the tail spindle some have been made out of shape. And the vibrations come from the slop in the bearings / slider and unbalanced tail blades / grips.

    Regardless what HH say this is not OK or NORMAL. I solved by fitting better tail bearings / Silicone O-Rings to tighten up slider and KBDD tail blades. Guess what no vibration and much much reduced chance of losing a eye due to Tail Blade Ejection.

    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by SmileyMan; 11-08-2012, 05:19 PM.
    130x
    Blade mSR-X ( Lost )
    Phoenix V3 Sim (Now V4)
    PZ UM T-28 (The Dark Side) - 20 crashes and still going
    DX7
    Skill and Ability - Waiting Delivery!

    Comment


    • #3
      Hi SmileyMan,

      I've actually since sent this heli back since it had problems with the AS3X system too. My replacement is much better :-) The problem with my A gear however wasn't the common meshing issue - it was that the teeth hadn't been manufactured properly. Some teeth simply weren't cut "deep" enough causing the A gear to be pushed up whenever one of those teeth came though.

      I'm betting the 130x-v2 is probably already in development!

      T
      Tom
      sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
      SAB Goblin 630 Competition
      - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
      Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
      Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
      .... and a Gaui X3
      Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
      ... and two EGS'



      Comment


      • #4
        I have the same problem but also found the cog is stripping away at the circuit board!

        bring on v2

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
          I'm betting the 130x-v2 is probably already in development!

          T
          That's what I'm waiting for
          Neil

          1 x


          Raptor 30, OS32, on its way to being FBL (and leccy?)
          Trex 450 Pro, Beastx, Savox 0257, DS520
          Blade 180CFX

          DX9 & DX7
          Too many planks...

          Comment


          • #6
            The metal upgrade A gear is much better and it doesn't wear out
            Hirobo Lama with Electric Conversion
            GraupnerMZ24 PRO





            Comment


            • #7
              it can be caused by the c gear being on to tight,

              i don't think there will be a version 2 as its design isn't really at fault (other than the clearance to the fet from the B gear, and perhaps the tail slider) i see it mostly as production and build faults that i imagine will be quietly fixed without the fan fare of a version 2, i'm already reading the new bearings have zero slop so im waiting on the new tail shaft production as that's the main culprit.

              just a thought i could be wrong

              Comment


              • #8
                i think they'll sort the issues out on the quiet kind of thing, there are 2 versions of the mainboard already too.

                Comment

                Working...
                X