Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alternatives to a 130x?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Alternatives to a 130x?

    Hi All, I love my 130x however at that point where I need a few spares hence wondering if to get a load of upgrades (frame and servos) or if there any recommendations on a similar heli that can take a beating like the 130x can.

    I'm getting a fusion 270 from another club member and have a Trex 500 but still fancy a smaller model that I can throw around and learn on so anyone else been though this that I can learn from, what did you do, what will you do again, what do you regret, any links to similar threads, alternative helis or 130x upgrades posts welcome

    cheers
    Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

  • #2
    I always enjoyed my 130X, it was not troublesome bird for me, so I'd say fix it. But if you'd rather try something new.... How about the new XK K130 https://www.banggood.com/XK-K130-2_4...r_warehouse=CN

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The Tok'ra View Post
      I always enjoyed my 130X, it was not troublesome bird for me, so I'd say fix it. But if you'd rather try something new.... How about the new XK K130 https://www.banggood.com/XK-K130-2_4...r_warehouse=CN
      I've not used Banggood before and looks like the XK K130 is for Futaba and i'm on a Dx6i, will have a dig around their website
      Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

      Comment


      • #4
        My mate just got the XK K130 to review.




        He's also the among the best pilots I know. Easily the best in my club before he moved away.
        He's a massive fan of the XK K110, which is a 1S micro, so not really a 130X alternative. He's had the lot when it comes to micros (hence his Youtube name) and the XK K110 is his favourite you can actually still go out and buy.

        Check out his videos on micros. You might have to go back a bit as he's been into quads the last couple of years with only the occasional heli vid.
        Current fleet: Goblin Thunder Sport (700), Trex 700L, Logo 600, Specter 700, Henseleit TDR, V-Baaa control.
        Next heli: I have pretty much everything I want. Maybe I'll upgrade some electronics or something.

        Comment


        • #5
          (hence his Youtube name)
          What is his name?
          Tron 7.0 advance Vbar evo V Control
          Foamy plank
          icharger 3010b, Coolice 24v psu
          Member of MK Heli Club and LMAC

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mike Sanders View Post
            What is his name?
            MicroRCFiend.

            I've not used Banggood before and looks like the XK K130 is for Futaba and i'm on a Dx6i, will have a dig around their website


            Apparently, the K130 can take a satellite Rx if you use Spektrum according to my mate.
            Current fleet: Goblin Thunder Sport (700), Trex 700L, Logo 600, Specter 700, Henseleit TDR, V-Baaa control.
            Next heli: I have pretty much everything I want. Maybe I'll upgrade some electronics or something.

            Comment


            • #7
              I dont fancy a 1s after my mcpx died but will take a look at his vids and the the 130 option with a sat.... cheers for the input
              Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by bigpops View Post
                My mate just got the XK K130 to review.




                He's also the among the best pilots I know. Easily the best in my club before he moved away.
                He's a massive fan of the XK K110, which is a 1S micro, so not really a 130X alternative. He's had the lot when it comes to micros (hence his Youtube name) and the XK K110 is his favourite you can actually still go out and buy.

                Check out his videos on micros. You might have to go back a bit as he's been into quads the last couple of years with only the occasional heli vid.

                J
                ust bought a frame for my Blade 130x to get me through for now but got my eye on the K130 going into warmer weather very tempted after that video!!
                Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just be aware, there are reported issues with the tail motor buring out way too quickly, and the ESC getting rather hot. You might want to wade your way through this thread, the first 5 or 6 pages shoiuld give you the jist. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...apon-%21/page2

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Blade 130S or Align Trex 150.
                    Tom
                    sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                    SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                    - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                    Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                    Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                    .... and a Gaui X3
                    Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                    ... and two EGS'



                    Comment


                    • #11
                      How about a major upgrade...

                      The oxy 2 is a fantastic heli to fly and it will get you into the build world of heli's

                      I found it a dream to put together and really enjoyed the whole process of choosing the electrics.

                      Maiden went perfect and I was so delighted with how it flies and handles.

                      Just an idea if you are ready for that...
                      Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
                      Goosky S1
                      DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        See I like the idea of an Oxy. Probably the original one (Oxy 3?) that would run on all my 4S quad packs that I no longer use.

                        The problem is, I had a Trex 250, and it stank. It kind of ruined all future helicopters of similar size.
                        To me, the joy of all the micros I've had (Blade mCX, mSR, mCPX, 130X, HiSky HCP100s) is that you can crash them on grass (longer is better) and you won't break anything so long as you're quick on throttle hold.

                        PS: I also had a Blade 180CFX and I didn't like it.
                        Current fleet: Goblin Thunder Sport (700), Trex 700L, Logo 600, Specter 700, Henseleit TDR, V-Baaa control.
                        Next heli: I have pretty much everything I want. Maybe I'll upgrade some electronics or something.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bigpops View Post

                          PS: I also had a Blade 180CFX and I didn't like it.
                          I agree, the 180CFX was a good heli, but it was too heavy. The joy of micro helis is that they're really light and can handle a crash or two - as you say in the long grass - with little to no damage. The 180CFX / Trex250 can't do that, they're too heavy.

                          The 130X really was brilliant and flew nicely. The trouble was, it was flakey - catch the tail in the grass and the gears stripped. After a fix or two it never flew right again.

                          The 130S and the Trex150 are IMHO the nearest I've found to that 130X experience.
                          Tom
                          sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                          SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                          - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                          Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                          Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                          .... and a Gaui X3
                          Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                          ... and two EGS'



                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The oxy 2 wont disappoint you it has loads of power and is very agile. Its also very durable and can take a lot of abuse. My second flight the pinion came clean off and it fell from about 30 metres high. zero damage. Lost the pinion was all. Replaced pinion with a new green loctite and it didn't need any tweaking or adjusting flew great, no vibes no problems. Id used an old green loctite that had been sitting around a few years. big mistake ! For a a beginner is can be tamed down to fly like a fixed pitch, for sport flying its fast and can take some hard inputs for turns and fast runs and for 3D its agile and amazing no boggyness.

                            I love my 180cfx but its very brittle compared. Easy to bog on hard inputs and easy to strip gears on hard banking. To do 3D on a 180cfx you need to be expert and handle it with respect and care. Im very crude so the oxy 2 was just perfect for me.
                            Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
                            Goosky S1
                            DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              +1 on the Oxy 2. It changed the whole micro heli market in my opinion. Just build and fly, I pre-ordered mine back when it first came out, crashed it a few times and 586 flights later the only thing I've changed is the main blades (once). Worth the extra cash as you don't have the same running costs as other micros. Also you can stick in a FBL unit your familiar with so you can fine tune it to fly like your other helis.
                              Paz

                              Goblin Black Nitro
                              Goblin 380
                              Oxy 2
                              Vcontrol

                              Leicester Heli Flyers Club

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X