Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

130X is still so good...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
    Well, in our club, there are (I think!) 7 or 8 people with the 180cfx. All but one think they're the best micro ... by miles.

    I genuinely think this is the best micro ever made ...
    Not even opened the box yet but once I get my new tx should be Tuesday ill get it setup for a flight.
    Today's outlook is fine for flying.
    • Spektrum DX18 gen2, Phoenix Sims, Align MR25XP.
    • Blade Nano, mCP X, 130x, Blade 180, Mini T 450se
    • Trex 250dfc Gpro, Trex 500EFL Gpro.
    • Trex 600E Gpro DFC, Trex 600NSP now Gpro, DFC, Redline 56
    • Flickr Through My Pictures.
    • A helicopter is an aircraft that is lifted and propelled by one or more horizontal rotors because Wikipedia said so.

    Comment


    • #17
      Surely it's just a question of getting the settings right for how you want the 180 to fly... I understand of course that your direct programming options on the FBL unit itself are limited, but from videos I've seen of it hovering hands off there certainly doesn't seem to be an inherent problem with the airframe or the FBL in terms of stability.

      Can an you not just turn down the pitch and knock down the rates a bit in the Tx to get it flying in a more docile manner? If it's too lively I would expect knocking the rates down to 60-70% and adding some expo would calm it down. Theoretically at least it should be less vulnerable to atmospheric disturbances than the 130 given both the higher mass and the higher disk loading.

      i do agree though, I enjoyed my 130X a lot - small annoyances aside it is a lot of fun when it's working right.
      Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

      sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

      Comment


      • #18
        just had 3 flights on my 130 on a very windy day, after not flying it for over six months. Upgraded to the lynx bearing upgrade kit, shimmed the main shaft, and no awful screeching noise when inverted anymore. Don't want to tempt fate, but actually flew ok for my limited skills. looking forward to getting more packs though on a calmer day now.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
          I found a good way to tame the 180cfx down to fly a little more like the 130x is to reduce the pitch travel. I've got mine at 90/90 - effectively giving less collective pitch. It still has the power, but doesn't tend to dart over the sky at the slightest sneeze!
          Beginners question here Tom, will reducing the D/R and putting in some expo have the same effect as reducing the pitch travel? Mine is forever getting away from me and giving it a stiff talking to hasn't yet worked! I mainly fly it in idle up mode if that has any relevance.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Euclid View Post
            Beginners question here Tom, will reducing the D/R and putting in some expo have the same effect as reducing the pitch travel? Mine is forever getting away from me and giving it a stiff talking to hasn't yet worked! I mainly fly it in idle up mode if that has any relevance.
            No mate. Expo and dual rates both affect cyclic pitch. "Pitch travel" affects collective pitch range. In servo setup menu, change travel for pitch to 90/90 and you should notice quite a difference.

            I also use expo and DR by the way. So this is an "as well as", not an alternative ...
            Tom
            sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
            SAB Goblin 630 Competition
            - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
            Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
            Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
            .... and a Gaui X3
            Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
            ... and two EGS'



            Comment


            • #21
              Thanks Tom, I think I understand that, some back garden experimenting for me tomorrow I think.

              Comment

              Working...
              X