Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

130x Red Bull firsts thoughts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 130x Red Bull firsts thoughts

    Ok,i couldn't help myself lol

    Took it out the box and checked over everything,spooled it up and not surprised to see a massive tail vibe like the normal 130x lol so i balanced the blades with celotape and the vibe has decreased a huge amount,will try my lynx pitch slider off my 130x when i get a mo.

    So i took it out to the garden for a hover,omg it's really pants on the floor,i didn't have the front canopy on but it just kept tipping back before you get a chance to get it in the air.,there goes the cheese tail drive gear on the mainshaft lol..metal gear fitted and moved lipo as far forward as poss,will be flying it on gens 450 as it looks like it needs more weight up front so will have to change the connector,anyway i managed to get it in the sky,in normal it bogs a bit and also at the 70% flat they recommend in the manual.At 100% it seems fine.

    Will report back when i fly it proper

    Click image for larger version

Name:	547685_531941350194069_1808626825_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1914488
    T- rex 600n V-bar
    Logo 550sx V-bar
    Logo 600sx V-bar
    Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

    VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

  • #2
    dissapointing! :-( Hobby Hangar only had one I missed it! Kinda glad now
    Last edited by Boggy; 30-07-2013, 10:12 PM.
    Ron

    hobby-hangar.co.uk
    SWRCH-GO big or Go home!
    http://www.ultimatebuildandfly.co.uk/

    Comment


    • #3
      130x Red Bull firsts thoughts

      Save yourself while you can Ron. I can pm you my therapists number if you like.
      sigpic
      7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
      6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
      Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
      HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
      WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
      Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20





      Comment


      • #4
        shame as it looks really nice
        1x EGS, TREX 450 PRO DFC & 130X. DX9 radio. No idea what i am doing trying to fly

        Comment


        • #5
          It does look cool, but I was always breaking my 130x.

          Ali

          T-Rex 700N - O.S. 105 HZ-R, VBar NEO (Pro), cyclic - Align BL815H, rudder - Align BL855H, new Align 700 mm main blades, Rail 106 mm tail blades.
          T-Rex 700X - 850MX, Align RCE-BL130A ESC, VBar NEO (Pro), cyclic - Align DS820M, rudder - Align DS825M, Align 700 mm main blades, Align 106 mm tail blades.
          VBar Control TX

          Comment


          • #6
            Im pretty certain itll be upto Blades usual qc standards. Looks good, flies like a pile of steaming dog poo. The only Blade ive flown recently that flies ok is my old Nano that I sold Steve on here. Every other nano, mcpx etc flies rubbish.

            Its a shame really as some of their stuff looks the nuts. But theyre not doing emselves any favours. Especially now they have the pro range and want to be taken seriously yet still pump out average toys.
            Some say my left nipple is the shape of a Raptor canopy.......... And that for fun I chase sheep in wellies 3 sizes too big. All I know is I am ​3D Clod
            Very proud to be a Presenter on ROTORS! The RC Helicopter show


            Very proud to be a 2x EGS winner

            Collector of SAB Goblins

            Comment


            • #7
              thanks for the first impressions! definitely report back with more!

              Comment


              • #8
                Cheers for the feed back, my boy wanted one and I'm glad I put him off for a while, keep the reports coming though.
                Align 550 DFC BeastX
                Mini Titan Agusta 109, Mini Titan FBL
                Zoom 400 McD 500D
                Blade 130X, Blade MSRX, Blade MCX Tandem Rescue
                JR DSX9 x2
                More planks than a loft

                Comment


                • #9
                  I picked up my BO105 today.,

                  A quick spool up in the lounge first suggested it has the none too unusual "lets roll over on gentle lift off, any way will do" that small AS3X helis seem to suffer from, and no space in my lounge to be confident enough to "pop" it into the air as per the manual instruction.

                  Flew it this afternoon in the back garden, in a blustery 10mph, circuits and 8's.

                  It spins the rotors freely with no noise by hand, spins up in the hand under power smoothly, yet it HAS to be jumped into the air as any attempt at even a remotely "scale" take off means it topples.

                  In Micro size, I'm used to a 130x, a MCPX, and a Nano, all of which exhibit a low level of gyro topple if spooled up very slowly, the MCPX being worst. This though is quite extreme and if across all of them will catch a few people out!

                  Once in the air it flies like a good 130x that's eaten a few too many pizzas, feels the same, just a little more "heft" to it, nothing unexpected there.

                  Stunts as per my 130x will wait for better conditions and more space!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Still not flown mine lol
                    T- rex 600n V-bar
                    Logo 550sx V-bar
                    Logo 600sx V-bar
                    Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                    VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I suggest you DON'T fly it!!

                      Mine has now had two more flights, circuits only, no more topples, yet the tail drive gear which did sound OK before these two careful flights is now already failing and has a "catch" that has grounded it!

                      Think about it, it wasn't up to the task in the std 130x, mine quickly wore out despite not getting any hits. This is much heavier, more blades, increased friction and load of the raised tail drive. And they still fit the weak gear? THAT IS LAZY INADEQUATE ENGINEERING!!!!

                      I now have to order a metal tail drive gear and then dismantle the body.............

                      The other thing I already hate is that the battery lead on the heli is far too short, it is a std 130x board, and so the lead is buried short inside the body where its a pain to use!!

                      My recommendation? Don't buy one!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I looked at one last night in the shop and it just seemed very flimsy , not something I would buy im afraid as im not into scale helicopters whatsoever. I should of asked Mat to demo it for me lol !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          As in my op,I lost teeth before I took off but bought the metal gear in anticipation lol.
                          T- rex 600n V-bar
                          Logo 550sx V-bar
                          Logo 600sx V-bar
                          Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                          VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well, I have several scale bodies Helis from 250 through 450 up to 50 IC and 600 EP (as well as 3D machines) and what I say is based on seven years Heli experience.

                            Given its size I don't think flimsy is really that fair, at least as far as the body is concerned, for a 130 size its quite good IMO.

                            SO, I don't have any quibble with the body, but I can assure you they didn't waste time making sure the mechanics were OK for the increased loading!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It looks like a pile of useless crap and probably flies like one to, just like the majority of their helicopters. I cannot comprehend why anyone would want one, or buy one!
                              Last edited by dogbiscuit; 02-08-2013, 09:21 AM.





                              trex 550 (HC3SX)

                              trex 600 nitro le (beastx)
                              compass 6HV (Spirit)
                              dx8.....





                              its not my dog by the way.


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X