Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Case for Blade 130x and Nano CPX

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Case for Blade 130x and Nano CPX

    Been trying for some time to get a single case to carry both my Blade 130X and Nano CPX around. Couldn't find one so thought I'd have a go at making one. Started off with a simple aluminium flight case with dividers from Maplin, cost me around £21. Acquired some of that foam with squares in it, marked and cut out the heli shapes and transmitter.
    Been pleased with the result and using it for a while now.

    couple of changes I'm looking to make include glueing some neoprene onto the top of the case to make it easier when using it for taking off and landing. Also I thought I'd use the pockets in the lid but don't so I'll fit some "egg crate" foam to make a make a more secure fit.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0283[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	346.5 KB
ID:	1914462Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0286[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	372.1 KB
ID:	1914463

    Ian
    Blade Nano CPX, Trex 450Pro, Trex 500, Trex 550, Trex 600N, Trex 700N
    Spektrum DX8

  • #2
    That's neat.

    If you don't want to cut out foam for the helis and/or accessories simply cut down the original packing polystyrene tops & bottoms to suit the box size. Works a treat.
    Happy Landings.
    David

    Winner of SEVEN of the BEST (Eddie Gold Stars)...humbled!

    Raptor 50. OS50
    Century Bell 47G in Yellow - Beautiful!
    Mcpx
    Blade 130x
    Goblin 500

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks really good - where did you get the foam with squares in it?
      nCPxbl|nCPxdbl|mCPx|mCPxbldfc|T150dfc|130Xdfc|180cfx|B400dfc|T600ESPdfc|T700Ndfc|G700dfc|DX9|PL8|BLHeli

      Comment


      • #4
        The foam I found at work, been used to pack some electrical stuff. To be honest though i didn't really use the squares and if i made another one I'd just draw the shape and I cut straight through with the sharpest knife I could find. I was a lot easier to make than I expected.
        Ian
        Blade Nano CPX, Trex 450Pro, Trex 500, Trex 550, Trex 600N, Trex 700N
        Spektrum DX8

        Comment


        • #5
          very neat but i would lose the tools section on the top lid and foam that over too.
          1x EGS, TREX 450 PRO DFC & 130X. DX9 radio. No idea what i am doing trying to fly

          Comment


          • #6
            very neat but i would lose the tools section on the top lid and foam that over too.
            1x EGS, TREX 450 PRO DFC & 130X. DX9 radio. No idea what i am doing trying to fly

            Comment

            Working...
            X