Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removal of tail blade grips on 130x?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Removal of tail blade grips on 130x?

    I need to replace the rear grips on my 130x. I have undone the blades and seen that there is a screw on the inside of each grip which I have taken out. I now think that the grips should pull straight out of the shaft but there is no movement. I don't want to pull too hard in case I break the assembly.
    Can anyone please give me a little advice?

    Thanks,

    Gary.

  • #2
    Removal of tail blade grips on 130x?

    Here ya go! Tail grips at about 5 mins in ...

    Last edited by tomatwalden; 10-06-2013, 10:15 PM.
    Tom
    sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
    SAB Goblin 630 Competition
    - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
    Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
    Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
    .... and a Gaui X3
    Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
    ... and two EGS'



    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Tom,

      I'll try that in the morning. Should I replace with original parts or ally upgrades?

      Comment


      • #4
        Personally I still run the stock plastic grips although I have had one failure. I replaced my main blade grips with metal ones after two failures (well, crashes really), but it's really up to you! Metal upgrades are certainly stronger, but not always better quality in terms of manufacturing accuracy. Definitely more expensive though.

        The only plastic part on the 130X that I think is almost a must-have in terms of metal replacement is the A-umbrella-gear on the main shaft as both my plastic ones wore down way too quickly against the (stock) metal B gear.
        Tom
        sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
        SAB Goblin 630 Competition
        - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
        Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
        Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
        .... and a Gaui X3
        Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
        ... and two EGS'



        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks,
          I am still struggling to pull out the grips but I will use a bit of brute force and hopefully they will release. I'm away in the caravan at the moment so I only have a few tools with me.

          Comment


          • #6
            The tail blade grips are pretty tough to remove as the 'T' of the tail shaft goes through the grip bearings and the fit is very tight. Just need to get a flat head screw driver under the inner edge and jimmy them out.

            Re upgrades, i agree that the A-gear is probably the only essential, but others worth considering are the tail pitch slider as it doesnt break the ball off like the plastic and possibly the tail blade grips as again the balls are stronger. The only issue with upgrades is that when they dont break invariably something else absorbs the impact!!

            Grips wise, i wouldnt go with RKH as they are badly balanced!

            Comment


            • #7
              I have managed to pull it apart ok now. The reason I came to remove to tail grips was that the heli' started spinning and I found one of the grips to be loose and it wouldn't tighten up so I thought this was the problem but on closer inspection this morning I found the umbrella gear had worn (thanks for the pointer Tom). Fastlads had the metal gear upgrade but not the standard grips whereas Kings Lynn had both standard parts but no metal gear. Me being a tight wad I wouldn't pay 2 lots is p&p so I have ordered the standard parts. With a bit of luck it will be up and away in a couple of days.

              Comment

              Working...
              X