Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please help me choose my servos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Please help me choose my servos

    I'm trying to lookm for suitable servos for my Trex500(CF).

    The S9650 is a LOT of money for me... The HS65HB is a lot more affordable, but is it suitable? And is it OK?? I'm not a 3D flyer, so not really too worried about not having the top of the range servos, but I do want ones that people trust and don't say they're junk.

    So please help. What should I use?

    How does this deal look?
    http://www.deeteeenterprises.com/NS....5MG.servos.php
    Trex 500CF - GY401 with S9254, HS-5245MGs, Torque Tube, AR7000..
    Blade CX2 - With AR6100
    Spectrum DX7 Tx (2.4Ghz), Phoenix Sim (1.05c)
    Based in Brisbane , Australia!
    Past helis: Lama V4, Raptor 50, Trex450SE, Gaui EP550

  • #2
    Cralis the HS65's are too small

    HS81, 82 or 85's will fit if you are really on a budget but you'd be better off with HS5245 or 9650's really
    Phil
    "Be who you are and say what you think...
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind... don't matter"


    Blade 130x, Park Zone Mini Sukhoi, EDF F16 thingy, some Gliders and some broken stuff

    Comment


    • #3
      as smoothound said mate the 9650's are your best option
      Better to be judged by twelve than carried by 6 so hit HARD and hit FIRST!.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'll let you know shortly what I think of the JR 3500G Digis

        Fast-lads do them and the 9650's cheaper than anyone else!
        Mark
        www.uavaerialservices.co.uk
        BNUCs - Operations certified
        CAA - Permit for Aerial Work

        Comment


        • #5
          Hitec 5245's are the cheapest good option....... IF you can find anyone who has them in stock
          Velocity 50
          Synergy N5
          Fury 55 FBL
          Trex 700

          Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak....

          Comment


          • #6
            HS5245 - wow... they're not cheap though! Do I really need digital? Whats the diff between digital and non digital?
            Trex 500CF - GY401 with S9254, HS-5245MGs, Torque Tube, AR7000..
            Blade CX2 - With AR6100
            Spectrum DX7 Tx (2.4Ghz), Phoenix Sim (1.05c)
            Based in Brisbane , Australia!
            Past helis: Lama V4, Raptor 50, Trex450SE, Gaui EP550

            Comment


            • #7
              The difference is the way the servo reacts to load.
              On an analogue servo as you push the servo arm away from where it wants to be the motor applies torque gradually as the servo arm gets out of position.

              On a digital servo the motor is on or off. If the servo arm is moved away from the desired position then full power is applied to restore it. This means the servo acts faster and more accurately (but also uses a lot more current - particularly if the linkages are stiff, or if the servo is stalled near to its set position - such as the linkages hiotting the stop before the servo is full travel).
              www.heli-extreme.co.uk a good club in south Sheffield
              600n pro BeastX Align DFC head bls251, 3xbls451, align gov, 600d, 2in1
              trex500, BeastX DS510 swash, Beast X cutr and carve head DS520 HK3026-1900, Align 425D blades, 5S4200 rev'trix, K&BDD dampers, AR6200
              "450" superframeSTK, align DFC head v2tail, hk22281-8 on 3S 9650w9257gear commander 55A align 325D hitec digitals Tarot ZYX, AR6100e
              MCPX kbdd tail and blades, miniaviation bats

              Dont spend more flying models than it costs to fly for real

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks guys.
                I don't think I need digital servos right now, in my flying career. I mean, what difference do you feel in hovering, and maybe pushing stall turns and figure 8's (and learning nose-in hovers)?
                Would digital benefit me?
                I am leaning towards the HS85MGs, but now someone told me they're a bit small for the Trex500. Are they? Or would they be fine for me?
                Trex 500CF - GY401 with S9254, HS-5245MGs, Torque Tube, AR7000..
                Blade CX2 - With AR6100
                Spectrum DX7 Tx (2.4Ghz), Phoenix Sim (1.05c)
                Based in Brisbane , Australia!
                Past helis: Lama V4, Raptor 50, Trex450SE, Gaui EP550

                Comment


                • #9
                  Not 500 related but when I went from analouge to digi's on my raptor it made a great difference. Felt a lot more locked in and that increased my confidence and improved my flying as a result

                  One the 500, I have 5245MGs. Got all 3 for almost the price of a single 9650
                  They fly good too!
                  Cheers, Lee.
                  Proud recipient of an EGS

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Cralis View Post
                    Thanks guys.
                    I don't think I need digital servos right now, in my flying career. I mean, what difference do you feel in hovering, and maybe pushing stall turns and figure 8's (and learning nose-in hovers)?
                    Would digital benefit me?
                    I am leaning towards the HS85MGs, but now someone told me they're a bit small for the Trex500. Are they? Or would they be fine for me?
                    I would get low end digital servos to be honest.

                    Why shell out twice ?

                    whats the point puting cheap naff servos then in say 3-6 months going to spend more cash on servos ?

                    Digitals would benfit you as they re-centre better and you wont or shouldnt go out of trim in flight where cheap normal servos can...

                    If your doing stall turns a loop isnt far away either.

                    I have to say go for the digital servo even if there the low end ones.
                    Mark
                    www.uavaerialservices.co.uk
                    BNUCs - Operations certified
                    CAA - Permit for Aerial Work

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X