Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first emergency auto :)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My first emergency auto :)

    Basically my drive belt snapped in my T-rex today . I think I hit the throttle hold withing the first 2 revolutions, and somehow landed it on the skids. Amazingly there is no damage ! There was obviously alot of luck involved. I have never done a real life auto before. 9 times out of 10 I land it on the simulator, and are well chuffed I landed it when it counted. Even more of a buzz than my first loop !
    Oliver Crawford - Align 12S T-rex 600e, Align 610 x3, Spartan 760, tail Align 620, Scorpion 4025-630 KV, Bec pro, Castle Creations HV 80A ice.

    Align T-rex 700e, Align 610 x3, 3g, Spartan 760,Align 650, Bec pro, Castle Creations HV 110A.

  • #2
    Cool glad ya got in on the ground in one piece ... I been practising auto's on phoenix and can get it right 9 outta 10 as well so hopefully when it comes to a real one I should be ok .... Always nice feeling when ya progress to something new
    Knight 3D
    http://northeast3d.talkheli.co.uk/
    http://www.lindensflyingclub.co.uk/

    Comment


    • #3
      Well done. the first reaction normally is to just shut the throttle and of course pitch down, which generally ends up with the heli hitting down a little too hard.

      youll be doing on purpose soon
      All the best
      Tony.
      Thunder Tiger E700 - Align 700N - Fusion 50 - Align 600N


      Comment


      • #4
        Well done on keeping your cool.
        Cheers
        Stuart

        Comment


        • #5
          Autoing TREX 450s is great fun.
          Last edited by richieclarkie; 29-11-2007, 10:02 AM.
          Slow Mo Blade 550x

          Comment


          • #6
            i also did my first auto today with the trex 600e, on purpose mind you.

            done auto loads of times on the nitros, but the trex feels so light in the air i wasnt sure how it would behave. i can say the trex 600e was great.

            everyday i fly the trex my flying gets better.

            (now i wait for ade to say how good the knight is at autos)
            Last edited by kingchopper; 28-11-2007, 09:34 PM.
            andrew dodds


            synergy N9
            Trex600 electric
            trex450
            raptor 60
            3dnt
            millenium II
            raptor 50
            sceadu50
            shuttle


            member of hayling helis

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kingchopper View Post
              (now i wait for ade to say how good the knight is at autos)
              LMFAO that's just cruel


              Oh and well done on the auto m8y
              DMHC = Nice place to fly!
              MyPhotoBucket


              mmm what shall I buy next

              Comment


              • #8
                First auto I ever did was on a knight.

                Engine failed at about 50 feet, down absolutely safely , shame really


                as I drove it into the deck on the next flight and wrote it off completely.

                Well these things happen, I can laugh about it now
                All the best
                Tony.
                Thunder Tiger E700 - Align 700N - Fusion 50 - Align 600N


                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Sesame View Post
                  Well these things happen, I can laugh about it now
                  Bet you didn't at the time
                  sigpicx2

                  Airskipper 50 - For sale

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My first Auto was following a tail failure.

                    Got it down with only minimal damage really - feathering spindle and a blade (where it swung back and clumped the blade grip as it landed a tad hard in the long grass off the strip) and of course the part that had failed in flight.

                    It was quite scary going through it with the heli pirouetting at the time!

                    It does make you feel good though - to make a good job of saving the model.

                    Well done.

                    JR Vibe Fifty fb (YS56)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by marktigere1 View Post
                      Bet you didn't at the time
                      just looked back at the old thread

                      http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/showth...?t=3672&page=4
                      All the best
                      Tony.
                      Thunder Tiger E700 - Align 700N - Fusion 50 - Align 600N


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Autoing TREX 450s is great fun.
                        Yes if you have a decent head wind and get it going flat out it really fizzes with head speed as you flare out...
                        with that much head speed it has about 1 second of hang time!

                        I then tried it in nill wind and it was much harder. Much more like a controlled dump into the grass!
                        www.heli-extreme.co.uk a good club in south Sheffield
                        600n pro BeastX Align DFC head bls251, 3xbls451, align gov, 600d, 2in1
                        trex500, BeastX DS510 swash, Beast X cutr and carve head DS520 HK3026-1900, Align 425D blades, 5S4200 rev'trix, K&BDD dampers, AR6200
                        "450" superframeSTK, align DFC head v2tail, hk22281-8 on 3S 9650w9257gear commander 55A align 325D hitec digitals Tarot ZYX, AR6100e
                        MCPX kbdd tail and blades, miniaviation bats

                        Dont spend more flying models than it costs to fly for real

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sieze2 View Post
                          Basically my drive belt snapped in my T-rex today . I think I hit the throttle hold withing the first 2 revolutions, and somehow landed it on the skids. Amazingly there is no damage ! There was obviously alot of luck involved. I have never done a real life auto before. 9 times out of 10 I land it on the simulator, and are well chuffed I landed it when it counted. Even more of a buzz than my first loop !
                          Well done! How old was the Belt??
                          Futaba 7C 2.4ghz Tx, R617FS Rx (x2)
                          Trex 500CF - 5S, GY401, HS-5245MG+9257
                          Belt-CP - Logictech 2100T, CC 35A ESC 3xSG90 cyclic/Futaba tail servos
                          HoneyBee FP - trimmed main/tail rotors (It won't die!)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by moyesboy View Post
                            Yes if you have a decent head wind and get it going flat out it really fizzes with head speed as you flare out...
                            with that much head speed it has about 1 second of hang time!

                            I then tried it in nill wind and it was much harder. Much more like a controlled dump into the grass!
                            It helps if you have Vs (unfortunately I killed my last set and can't get any ATM). Granted you are not going to get any real hang time, but with practice and a bit of luck on the flare you can land them quiet nicely.
                            Slow Mo Blade 550x

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by c53204 View Post
                              Well done! How old was the Belt??
                              Only about 20 flights old. I think it was over heated/damaged by being run too slack 8 flights previously when a screw came out the boom clamp. It looked fine so I continued using it.

                              I did get a weird noise come from the heli for 30 seconds before it failed. There was only 90 seconds left on the battery, so I didn't land immediately - which is a lesson learned.
                              Oliver Crawford - Align 12S T-rex 600e, Align 610 x3, Spartan 760, tail Align 620, Scorpion 4025-630 KV, Bec pro, Castle Creations HV 80A ice.

                              Align T-rex 700e, Align 610 x3, 3g, Spartan 760,Align 650, Bec pro, Castle Creations HV 110A.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X