Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid crash

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stupid crash

    I'm a bit ****ed off with my self today. At the end of my first pack the timer beeped to tell me time was up. I was so surprised I had not heard the countdown beeps I looked at the Tx display. Thats not unusual, but unfortunately the heli was only 1 meter from the ground. It lost its attitude, tipped sidways, and the rotors hit the ground. Bizarly one rotor broke off, and the heli bounced the other side snapping the other, and landed on its skids as the throttle hold took effect.

    Only damage is a main shaft and blades. Feel a bit of a plonker as I have done the first 57 flights with no damage, and over the next 9 crashed twice . I suppose I can expect even more, as I practice inverted hovering more and more ?
    Oliver Crawford - Align 12S T-rex 600e, Align 610 x3, Spartan 760, tail Align 620, Scorpion 4025-630 KV, Bec pro, Castle Creations HV 80A ice.

    Align T-rex 700e, Align 610 x3, 3g, Spartan 760,Align 650, Bec pro, Castle Creations HV 110A.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Sieze2 View Post
    I'm a bit ****ed off with my self today. At the end of my first pack the timer beeped to tell me time was up. I was so surprised I had not heard the countdown beeps I looked at the Tx display. Thats not unusual, but unfortunately the heli was only 1 meter from the ground. It lost its attitude, tipped sidways, and the rotors hit the ground. Bizarly one rotor broke off, and the heli bounced the other side snapping the other, and landed on its skids as the throttle hold took effect.

    Only damage is a main shaft and blades. Feel a bit of a plonker as I have done the first 57 flights with no damage, and over the next 9 crashed twice . I suppose I can expect even more, as I practice inverted hovering more and more ?

    Yes expect more crashes as you learn new things, you can avoid some of them though. By not doing silly things like looking at your Tx when the heli is near to the ground I bet you won't make that mistake again

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Sao View Post
      Yes expect more crashes as you learn new things, you can avoid some of them though. By not doing silly things like looking at your Tx when the heli is near to the ground I bet you won't make that mistake again
      Tis funny I was thinking the same thing..

      Sorry about the crash though, Its never a nice thing to happen.

      Comment


      • #4
        Dam right I won't do it again
        Oliver Crawford - Align 12S T-rex 600e, Align 610 x3, Spartan 760, tail Align 620, Scorpion 4025-630 KV, Bec pro, Castle Creations HV 80A ice.

        Align T-rex 700e, Align 610 x3, 3g, Spartan 760,Align 650, Bec pro, Castle Creations HV 110A.

        Comment

        Working...
        X