Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticky pitch?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sticky pitch?

    Was having a good time with the little 450SE V1 yesterday, getting nice and confident and I noticed that as I flew back to myself and came to a stop I needed to kinda move the pitch quite a bit more than expected - like it was sticking? All is free with the links and head etc.
    Is this a 'characteristic' of the V1 head? I'm running nearly new 65MGs and it has transformed the heli from a wondering jelly to a rock solid, locked in heli.
    Thanks.
    Cheers, Lee.
    Proud recipient of an EGS

  • #2
    it could be your blade grip bearings are knackered and locking up/going stiff under load. the v1 did tend to be a bit sticky in this respect

    Ade
    www.accurc.com
    adrian@accurc.com
    This is an apple free zone
    anybody can be an Arsehole, it takes real commitment, dedication and a whole lot of effort to be nice.

    Comment


    • #3
      this happens on the v1 head, the V2 head is much improved in this regard.
      Sponsored by CSM, Optifuel


      Your RC Heli World

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks guys.

        Can I just change the blade grips?
        Cheers, Lee.
        Proud recipient of an EGS

        Comment


        • #5
          Unfortunately it's not just the blade grips. This is what you need.

          http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/cg...55#a1_21HS1255

          I can PM you a cheaper way to get it from another country if you want
          Slow Mo Blade 550x

          Comment


          • #6
            Also you could buy the same item from Andy at Real Raptors (my preference). RobGt has posted this link in another current thread.

            http://www.realraptors.co.uk/zen-car...oducts_id=2151
            Slow Mo Blade 550x

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by richieclarkie View Post
              ...I can PM you a cheaper way to get it from another country if you want
              Yes please
              Cheers, Lee.
              Proud recipient of an EGS

              Comment


              • #8
                There is also another effect that is similar.
                If oyu have been normally flying in some wind and now it is calm, you can get the heli setting up its own donut vortex which means it needs more power to hover.
                this is caused by a complete lack of translational lift.
                Yuo get it also if you approach downwind, which is the same as hovering in nill wind.

                I sometinmes thought my collective was sticky this weekend in the calm conditions, but in FFF it responded instantly to every little bit of collective. Then I flew my raptor and you could see the donut vortex recirculation on the exhaust every time that it seemed to need the extra collective.
                www.heli-extreme.co.uk a good club in south Sheffield
                600n pro BeastX Align DFC head bls251, 3xbls451, align gov, 600d, 2in1
                trex500, BeastX DS510 swash, Beast X cutr and carve head DS520 HK3026-1900, Align 425D blades, 5S4200 rev'trix, K&BDD dampers, AR6200
                "450" superframeSTK, align DFC head v2tail, hk22281-8 on 3S 9650w9257gear commander 55A align 325D hitec digitals Tarot ZYX, AR6100e
                MCPX kbdd tail and blades, miniaviation bats

                Dont spend more flying models than it costs to fly for real

                Comment

                Working...
                X