Hi guys
Thanks for all the comments. I made the changes required and all seems fine now. I did have a bit of an issue at first, but I turned the sensitivity on the gyro to flat out instead of 0 for the digital servo and it seemed to want to overcompensate all the time – my fault for not tweaking it in the right direction to begin with!
Had 7 fun filled batteries worth today and am now starting to hover side in without thinking.
I must admit, up until now I had never used the Heading Hold as I thought it was a bit like cheating. However, now I am using it I think it certainly reduces the gradient on the learning curve and i will continue to make use of it.
Thanks again.
Thanks for all the comments. I made the changes required and all seems fine now. I did have a bit of an issue at first, but I turned the sensitivity on the gyro to flat out instead of 0 for the digital servo and it seemed to want to overcompensate all the time – my fault for not tweaking it in the right direction to begin with!
Had 7 fun filled batteries worth today and am now starting to hover side in without thinking.
I must admit, up until now I had never used the Heading Hold as I thought it was a bit like cheating. However, now I am using it I think it certainly reduces the gradient on the learning curve and i will continue to make use of it.
Thanks again.

Comment