Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos getting a torque Tube then?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Whos getting a torque Tube then?

    Just spotted phils advert on the bmfa & was wondering is anyone going to take a punt on one?
    http://www.bmfaclassifieds.co.uk/detail.php?id=52454
    I must say I'm very tempted after flying the 600 pro with one this weekend but will it be as good on a 500 & will it make it auto any better?
    Martin
    Martin
    Aka RCSlopesurfer

  • #2
    I'll wait till official UK stock arrives at that price, not cheap enough to make it worth it


    Also although it will fix the static hit problems without the bodges and kludges the grass is pretty long where I fly
    Phil
    "Be who you are and say what you think...
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind... don't matter"


    Blade 130x, Park Zone Mini Sukhoi, EDF F16 thingy, some Gliders and some broken stuff

    Comment


    • #3
      Two ways to look at this Martin.

      Good point: No more static interference from the belt.

      Bad point: Expensive if you hit the deck.


      Was more interested in the new 600n sport really.

      Either that or buy a Knight 3D.

      Comment


      • #4
        For all you heli freak members bobs done a little intro video on the torque tube.
        http://video.helifreak.com/?subpath=...name=500tt.wmv
        Martin
        Martin
        Aka RCSlopesurfer

        Comment


        • #5
          I must say I'm very tempted after flying the 600 pro with one this weekend but will it be as good on a 500 & will it make it auto any better?
          I'm well impressed with the way my 500 autos already

          Don't think I'll be changing to torque tube anytime soon.
          Ian

          Knight 3D

          Velocity 50
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            When are they out? The guy on BMFA must have sold the kit I'd of bought one. Has anybody had static problems on 2.4??
            ---------------------------------------------------
            Trex 700n DFC.
            Trex 700e TOP.
            Trex 700e Pro.
            Trex 600n DFC.

            Vbar Controller.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Arwel View Post
              When are they out? The guy on BMFA must have sold the kit I'd of bought one. Has anybody had static problems on 2.4??
              Not had any issues with mine yet, running spektrum 2.4.
              James

              Sponsored by
              Align-Trex.co.uk
              Optifuel/optipower
              MKS servotech


              5 Eddie gold stars and christmas star

              Comment


              • #8
                Never had any static issues on mine either just the usual interaction on the swash using hitec servos or maybe something else is causing it but what ever it is I cant quite put my finger on it & it's damned annoying me.
                Come on Compass hurry up & get the Atom out.
                Martin
                Last edited by LipolyGone; 11-05-2008, 08:20 PM.
                Martin
                Aka RCSlopesurfer

                Comment


                • #9
                  Whats the problem with swash and Hitec servos???
                  ---------------------------------------------------
                  Trex 700n DFC.
                  Trex 700e TOP.
                  Trex 700e Pro.
                  Trex 600n DFC.

                  Vbar Controller.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Who knows Arwel it just wont flip straight or loop straight so I have to try to fly around the problem which makes doing certain 3d moves a tad interesting like the heli pulling around to the left in tick tocks then ending up nose in on you but ho hum I've got the Knight 3D E now for that kind of stuff.
                    Just need to pull my finger out & finish it.
                    Needless to say the 500 isnt all I hoped it would be.
                    Martin
                    Martin
                    Aka RCSlopesurfer

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Quite surprised at that Martin..I'm finding my 500 is putting all my other helis to shame in that respect, I suspect your servos maybe? (I'm 9650's).

                      The 500 will never be a Tic Toc monster with the std power system. There appears to be voltage bottleneck/lag if you try them fast.. cant fault the power/grunt in big Rainbows etc but Tic toc wise Its easily overloaded if you fly them fast.

                      TBH I'm not overly fussed as its a wee cracker everywhere else.

                      I'm not hugely knowlegable with Leccie stuff but it appears to me the Voltage either drops off and takes a a second or two to recover or the ESC cant sustain the current...but I'm a noob in this area..


                      SPARTANRC Team pilot


                      sigpic[IMG]http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/





                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's a very capable machine Barney, just a bit disconcerting when you do a half flip to nose in inverted & the nose is already facing a long way to your right.
                        I dont beleive this is down to my servos I think its down to my particular heli. something is not quite right I just need to findout what it is.
                        Martin
                        Martin
                        Aka RCSlopesurfer

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Got my TT fitted now. Very sweet, no hint of vibration anywhere in the hover so all is good. Flew from short (ish) grass today no probs and there is definately more hang during an auto. This heli is a cracking fly, although i agree with barney about tic tocs, maybe i need to use a bit more finesse?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by J3DI View Post
                            Got my TT fitted now. Very sweet, no hint of vibration anywhere in the hover so all is good. Flew from short (ish) grass today no probs and there is definately more hang during an auto. This heli is a cracking fly, although i agree with barney about tic tocs, maybe i need to use a bit more finesse?
                            Mines in the post
                            Glad your likeing the torque tube mate I think they are going to be all the rage on mid sized electric models now.
                            Martin
                            Martin
                            Aka RCSlopesurfer

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Martin when your flipping over and its going off it could be a few things not just your CCPM. Gyro comes to mind.

                              If you do think it is interaction, I suggest you set it up to hover first then do a couple full Pitch/power climb outs and note if the model rolls out or twists. Adjust your servo endpoints 2-3% till you get a true straight climb.

                              If your able.. repeat but from inverted using full pitch inverted. Trim using the endpoints untill it climbs true.

                              Try flipping to inverted and hopefully all will be good

                              Brian


                              SPARTANRC Team pilot


                              sigpic[IMG]http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/





                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X