Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adventures in Idle-Up

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adventures in Idle-Up

    Seeing as I'm progressing into forward flight I decided earlier that it was time for me to program my idle-up 1 curve into the transmitter. After watching some of finless bobs videos I gave it a try and have just done a pack in the garden.

    What can I say other than crikey!

    All things being equal I discovered a tracking problem I never knew I had and the difference in headspeed was incredible (running a flat line 80% with stock gear) so much more responsive too.

    Have decided that discretion was the better part of valour and packed up for the night and I'll pop to the field tomorrow where there's more space to fine tune it all. I must say though that I'm pleased with myself for setting the switching point bang on - in the hover, flick the switch and the new hover point is in exactly the same place except more RPM less pitch - awesome.

    I get the feeling that this is where the fun starts...
    sigpicX2

  • #2
    Idle up 2

    Originally posted by andylinney View Post
    I get the feeling that this is where the fun starts...
    You better believe it..

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by andylinney View Post
      I get the feeling that this is where the fun starts...
      Aye and don't go doing what i did yesterday and go invert in norm mode , I guess most have done this at some point thou...lol

      I'm switching on the deck from now on
      Pass the Zap!

      Medevac with 950 Revo's - always makes me smile Whatever the weather
      T-Rex 450 SE V2 - GY401 with S3154, HS65's, Maniac Blades, 2100 Revo lipo's and a DX7/AR7000
      Phoenix

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by andylinney View Post
        What can I say other than crikey!

        I get the feeling that this is where the fun starts...
        Brave man!! - I've not dared do that yet. Have fun but go careful!
        Phil OB3
        Trex 450SE v2

        Walkera 4#3b
        DX6i
        Phoenix


        http://stratfordgliding.co.uk/

        ...and proud owner of THREE!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rombonie View Post
          Aye and don't go doing what i did yesterday and go invert in norm mode , I guess most have done this at some point thou...lol

          I'm switching on the deck from now on
          I can't think of anyone else who would do that......shhhhh Tim....LOL

          ok Ive done it and yup loads do. My last one Trex 500 head first into out tarmac runway 3rd flight from new.
          All the best
          Tony.
          Thunder Tiger E700 - Align 700N - Fusion 50 - Align 600N


          Comment

          Working...
          X