Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swash plate problems

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Swash plate problems

    Hi

    Have just acquired a Hawk Sport already built. problem is that i am trying to level the swash. Have managed it at centre and at top stick but when in its bottom travel the elevator, it seems, pulls the swash forward by 2mm. I know from reading forums around the globe that this seems to be a problem for a few hawk owners.... but i have not found the solution.

    I have even asked the guys that made these who seem to think its in the setup not the geometry of the heli... so no help there.

    Has anyone else experienced this and found out how to solve the issue?

    Thanks in advance for any input

    Cheers from Baffled and slightly annoyed.

  • #2
    Could you not adjust the end points on the transmitter to remove it?
    x 3

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm with Paul on this. What Tx are you using?
      Martin

      Most of the Aligns, fair few Spektrum bits, bunch of Align & HiTec servos, OBE, VD & Bar.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi

        thanks for the replies.. I am using futaba 7. i had thought about doing this but on mechanical collective didn't know if this would resolve the issue. I can give it a go. really annoying in so much as the information about rod lengths, link positions on servos, servo horn setup etc varies wildly and if following the manuals suggestions one would hope that the manufacturers would know what they are talking about??!

        I'll try your suggestions and let you know!

        Comment


        • #5
          Get the heli at 0degrees at mid stick.

          Level the swash at mid stick using subtrim.

          Go to full posotive stick, use the end points to level the swash.

          Go to full negative stick, use the end points to level the swash.
          x 3

          Comment


          • #6
            Thanks paul!

            Comment

            Working...
            X