Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening throttle changes tail pitch

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Opening throttle changes tail pitch

    Can anybody help me to resolve this issue please?

    I have a DX9 and Brain FBL system on an Align 500 DFC. Every time I open the throttle the tail pitch changes. I suspect that there is a setting/adjustment in the DX9?
    I would upload a video of this happening but don't know how to

    Thanks for your help.

  • #2
    Sound like it's the Brain pre-compensating, and it's perfectly normal.

    When you pile on the pitch (positive or negative) the tail has to work harder to hold. All that's happening is the flight controller is adding that pitch before the gyro senses any rotation.
    Current fleet: Goblin Thunder Sport (700), Trex 700L, Logo 600, Specter 700, Henseleit TDR, V-Baaa control.
    Next heli: I have pretty much everything I want. Maybe I'll upgrade some electronics or something.

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeah, as already pointed out this is perfectly normal. The Brain by default has both collective and cyclic 'Pre-Comp' so the tail reacts to large inputs on both the collective and cyclic sticks (but more so on collective).

      You can adjust this or turn it off in the Brain advanced menu. Go to 'Advanced Menu' > 'Setup' > 'Tail' and there you find sliders that adjust pre-comp for each flight mode. Best leave then on default for starters though.
      Goblin Kraken, SoXos Strike 7, XLPower Specter, Goblin Black Thunder T, Goblin 700 Speed, Goblin 770 Comp Carbon, Trex 700X, Kasama Dune, Henseleit TDR

      Comment

      Working...
      X