Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I start?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where do I start?

    So, I have a T-rex 450 Pro DFC -Flybarless. It came without a flight controller so I have opted for a K-Bar. I have a Taranis X9D+.
    I have all the gear but no idea, where to start.

    I don't know how to set the Taranis up for use with this heli nor do I yet know how to set up the K-bar.

    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Thank you.

  • #2
    Joining a local club would be your best bet, I’m sure there would be guys there more than happy to help you, or seek the info you need on YouTube
    i used YouTube in the early days when I flew in my back garden. I still use it a lot now , you will get there it’ll just take a bit of tine & effort
    Goblin , 380 Carbon
    Oxy 4 - 360
    Oxy 4 - 325
    Oxy 3 - 250 , 3s
    Oxy 3 - 250 , 4s
    Oxy 3 - 280 , 3s
    Oxy 2 - 190
    Oxy 2 - 210
    XK K110. X 4 (best micro I’ve ever owned)
    Spektrum DX9
    Revolectrix PL6 & PL8

    Comment


    • #3
      Melton Mowbray has a local model flying club (Melton and District Model Club) and has a small number of heli pilots
      There is also the BMFA National Centre not to far away that again has a few heli pilots (of which I'm one, look up the Buckminster Fliers Facebook group) and is a great place to fly in the evenings and occasional weekend.
      There is also a Helicopter club near Market Harborough (https://sites.google.com/site/centralmodelhelis/)

      The KBAR is a clone of the Mikado VBar, if you search for VBAR you should find a wealth of information on setting them up, the setup software does a pretty good job of walking you through the setup. I would strongly advise getting somebody experienced to look it over before you first attempt to fly it though.

      Happy to meet up at the National Centre if the weather ever improves.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hi mate

        I live in Melton Mowbray too and have been building/ flying helis for a few years now. I don't know anything specifically about the Taranis radio but I do know a few quad/ plane guys who swear by them. I do have a Trex 450 ProDFC with a Kbar on it so can offer some help with those.

        There is an indoor flying group who meet at Asfordby Amateurs sports hall on a Sunday evening (5pm till late, £5 to fly). Now the evenings are lighter, we'll fly outside until it gets dark then we head inside to the sports hall with the smaller models. If you bring all of your stuff along, the Teranis guys will get your transmitter talking to your receiver and, I can help setup the heli and Kbar.

        Drop me a PM if/ when you want to come and I'll make sure I bring some setup tools/ laptop etc etc.

        P.S You'll also want to have insurance for when you start flying but we can talk about that later.

        Craig

        Comment


        • #5
          Really good advice to find a local club as you will need lots of help and from my experience Taranis radio's mainly seem have been adopted by the quad and fixed wing guys, so at our club, none of the 20+ regular helicopter pilots use being mostly Spektrum with a few still using JR and the rest Futaba. It may be worth a read of the RCM&E forum (mainly planks!!) under the heading "and now for something completely different" as there is one of the moderators on there (BEB) who has just built a Trex 470 as his first helicopter and he has detailed how he has set up his Taranis radio but he is not using a V Bar/K Bar. His programming is probably not completely right but I have read through it and it should give you a starting point to work from.

          Have fun

          Barry
          Barry
          Sutton Coldfield Radio Controlled Aero Club (SCRCAC for short!) Citizen 00182

          Two Blade MCP-x
          Two Blade 130x
          Red Bull 130x
          Gaui 200 V2 FBL with mini V Bar
          Trex 250SE FBL with mini V Bar and DFC head
          2 x Honeybee King 2's (now retired)
          Mini Titan E325 with Tarot DFC head and mini V Bar
          Gaui 550 CF Hurricane FBL with mini V Bar
          HK Cessna 182 Deluxe, Silver Lady and Graupner GF-15 EDF (just for relaxation)
          And a tolerant wife, what more could any man ask for?

          Comment


          • #6
            I have just had a quick look on the RCM&E site (modelflying.co.uk) and BEB's build post is now on page two.

            Barry
            Barry
            Sutton Coldfield Radio Controlled Aero Club (SCRCAC for short!) Citizen 00182

            Two Blade MCP-x
            Two Blade 130x
            Red Bull 130x
            Gaui 200 V2 FBL with mini V Bar
            Trex 250SE FBL with mini V Bar and DFC head
            2 x Honeybee King 2's (now retired)
            Mini Titan E325 with Tarot DFC head and mini V Bar
            Gaui 550 CF Hurricane FBL with mini V Bar
            HK Cessna 182 Deluxe, Silver Lady and Graupner GF-15 EDF (just for relaxation)
            And a tolerant wife, what more could any man ask for?

            Comment


            • #7
              Hi Barry - I've just been on that site (front page of modelflying.co.uk) and can't find the 'and now for something completely different' link or anything using the search function aside from some 450 build pics . Can you post a direct link please?

              cheers Craig

              Comment


              • #8
                If you look under the Forum heading its still about half way down page 2 and has had 102 replies and 5226 views so it is a well read thread.

                Barry
                Barry
                Sutton Coldfield Radio Controlled Aero Club (SCRCAC for short!) Citizen 00182

                Two Blade MCP-x
                Two Blade 130x
                Red Bull 130x
                Gaui 200 V2 FBL with mini V Bar
                Trex 250SE FBL with mini V Bar and DFC head
                2 x Honeybee King 2's (now retired)
                Mini Titan E325 with Tarot DFC head and mini V Bar
                Gaui 550 CF Hurricane FBL with mini V Bar
                HK Cessna 182 Deluxe, Silver Lady and Graupner GF-15 EDF (just for relaxation)
                And a tolerant wife, what more could any man ask for?

                Comment

                Working...
                X