Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Making an M4 Nut fit an M5 blade

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Making an M4 Nut fit an M5 blade

    Hi All,

    I have a set of 600mm cyclone blades. I'd like to make use of them on my Trex600, however, the blade bolts on the Trex are M4, whilst the cyclone blades hole takes an M5 bolt.

    Any ideas where I can get some spacers to make the M5 hole take an M4 bolt? I've tried google and eBay but none of them seem to come up with exactly what I need.

    Cheers

    Jon

  • #2
    You want something like this just cut to size. You can get it cheaper nothing fancy. My LHS sells it quite a common size.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Round-Brass.../dp/B004VM6AFM

    MJ

    Comment


    • #3
      Jon, K&S make brass tubing with an O/D of 5mm and an I/D of 4mm. Should be available in most model shops or E Bay etc. Gaui 550's used blades with a 5mm hole but the grips had 4mm bolts so they also supplied two small sections of this tubing with their blades.

      Barry
      Barry
      Sutton Coldfield Radio Controlled Aero Club (SCRCAC for short!) Citizen 00182

      Two Blade MCP-x
      Two Blade 130x
      Red Bull 130x
      Gaui 200 V2 FBL with mini V Bar
      Trex 250SE FBL with mini V Bar and DFC head
      2 x Honeybee King 2's (now retired)
      Mini Titan E325 with Tarot DFC head and mini V Bar
      Gaui 550 CF Hurricane FBL with mini V Bar
      HK Cessna 182 Deluxe, Silver Lady and Graupner GF-15 EDF (just for relaxation)
      And a tolerant wife, what more could any man ask for?

      Comment


      • #4
        These sort of companies manufacture what you are looking for. Couldn't find the size you needed but there are other companies around. Just need to search the tinternet.

        https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/Be...ex.html?page=2
        Graham

        Protos Max V2 800 conversion. Bavarian Demon 3SX
        Compass 7HV V1 Bavarian Demon 3SX
        Titan X50E Bavarian Demon 3SX
        Trex 500L Bavarian Demon 3SX
        Trex 450SE Flybar
        Align M470 Multi with GoPro, G2 Gimbal, Align OSD/FPV Tx, APS-M
        Futaba 14SG

        Comment


        • #5
          I've had so many of those little brass adaptors and they are so easy to lose. They used to come with some blades. My TDR and the old Robbe's have the M4 bolts in the grips so I have to always have a pair of those adaptors. However... I do have a spare pair if you don't find something else. These are for a 12mm root.
          Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
          Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
          Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

          member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
          Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

          Comment

          Working...
          X