Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trex 550e Main Blades

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trex 550e Main Blades

    Hi folks,
    I was thinking of ordering a pair of 520mm cf main blades for my trex 550e from hobbyking UK. Just would like to know if any one has ever bought Heli blades from hobbyking for a Heli my size and above. If so what was quality and also how did they track etc.

    I want to to buy a cheap set cause I'm only learning to fly and no doubt in it I will crash.

    Thanks
    Ciaran
    CiaranMal1
    ------------------------
    Mini Titan E325 FOR SALE
    Blade 120SR FOR SALE
    Trex 450pro Savoux SH-0257MGS, DS 420, FBL Beastx.
    Trex 550e COMING SOON PHOENIX SIM
    DX7

  • #2
    I bought 520 and 550 cheapo carbons from HK in the past. Some took a lot of balancing. But they did make for exciting flying when out of balance mainly on Flybarless Trex 550.
    Been there and done that, but never stop learning.
    Now too many Helis to mention?

    Comment


    • #3
      I bought and love RJX blades, got them on my 550 and 600 as we speak, no need to balance and fly very well, look like the sab blades, but not as expensive. Think I paid £25 for the 520's and £30 for 550's on the 550 DFC and around £45 for the 600's. The turnigy ones from HK are ok too, but just make sure they are full carbon and not mix to make them cheaper
      Align trex 700x brain 2 BT
      SAB Goblin 700 KSE Brain 2 BT
      Trex 600 ESP brain 2
      and one helicopter mad son, who drives me bonkers wanting to watch, fly and go to the field


      Spektrum DX9.......and you can say what you like to the EX Mrs, we split up, so she can #%$€ her self!!!

      Comment


      • #4
        I also bought the RJX on a regular basis. Most of the RJX seconds are now difficult to source. RJX on HK only have the uprated versions now.
        Been there and done that, but never stop learning.
        Now too many Helis to mention?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by johnsandywhite View Post
          I also bought the RJX on a regular basis. Most of the RJX seconds are now difficult to source. RJX on HK only have the uprated versions now.
          Yeah I've noticed the price has gone up in the last 12 months, mine were all brand new, but as they have gotten more popular, the price has increased. There are some full Carbon on HK for $23, which is worth a punt if you still learning. 550mm Carbon Fiber Helicopter Main Blades
          Align trex 700x brain 2 BT
          SAB Goblin 700 KSE Brain 2 BT
          Trex 600 ESP brain 2
          and one helicopter mad son, who drives me bonkers wanting to watch, fly and go to the field


          Spektrum DX9.......and you can say what you like to the EX Mrs, we split up, so she can #%$€ her self!!!

          Comment


          • #6
            I've also got hk blades on my 550 at the moment, well balanced and tracked fine straight out of the packet
            T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
            T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
            AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
            DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
            Pheonix v5.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Pj1969 View Post
              I bought and love RJX blades, got them on my 550 and 600 as we speak, no need to balance and fly very well, look like the sab blades, but not as expensive. Think I paid £25 for the 520's and £30 for 550's on the 550 DFC and around £45 for the 600's. The turnigy ones from HK are ok too, but just make sure they are full carbon and not mix to make them cheaper
              There not from the UK warehouse tho are they

              Comment


              • #8
                I use the RJX ones from them also but have had one pair delaminate on the trailing edge and one member had a 550 one totally fail on its first flight around Xmas,it completely snapped off near the root(bad crash).

                I have a set of 690s and a set of 710s working well though and I like the feel of them but I don't think I would personally buy any more after these ones,i would go for their new Rotorstar ones now.

                The member is a forum user and may want to add further info.
                Last edited by ChrisB; 11-01-2015, 04:48 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  That is one reason why I'm not a fan of cheap blades as have had a pair shear off at root in hover

                  i thought rjx were a good make tho

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Leigh Beaumont View Post
                    There not from the UK warehouse tho are they
                    Didnt say they were mate, I got them off eBay, all my sets.
                    Align trex 700x brain 2 BT
                    SAB Goblin 700 KSE Brain 2 BT
                    Trex 600 ESP brain 2
                    and one helicopter mad son, who drives me bonkers wanting to watch, fly and go to the field


                    Spektrum DX9.......and you can say what you like to the EX Mrs, we split up, so she can #%$€ her self!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks for the replies guys. We're can you get the rjx blades? I thought of these what you reckon also it's for a fbl tree 550e?

                      520mm TIG Carbon Fiber Main Blades ( UK Warehouse)
                      CiaranMal1
                      ------------------------
                      Mini Titan E325 FOR SALE
                      Blade 120SR FOR SALE
                      Trex 450pro Savoux SH-0257MGS, DS 420, FBL Beastx.
                      Trex 550e COMING SOON PHOENIX SIM
                      DX7

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm running the TIG blades at the moment, the 550mm version at headspeeds up to 2500, have been through 3 sets so far without any problems at all...
                        Last edited by PaulJC; 11-01-2015, 09:54 PM.
                        T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
                        T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
                        AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
                        DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
                        Pheonix v5.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Do you need to extend the tail boom and change the motor pinion for 550mm blades?
                          CiaranMal1
                          ------------------------
                          Mini Titan E325 FOR SALE
                          Blade 120SR FOR SALE
                          Trex 450pro Savoux SH-0257MGS, DS 420, FBL Beastx.
                          Trex 550e COMING SOON PHOENIX SIM
                          DX7

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            You need to extend the boom 600 size Atleast yes .

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I have had various Hobbyking blades on my 450 and 600. I have had no problems with them at all except for the mud.
                              Tron 7.0 advance Vbar evo V Control
                              Foamy plank
                              icharger 3010b, Coolice 24v psu
                              Member of MK Heli Club and LMAC

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X