Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SET LEVEL button missing in V2 firmware

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SET LEVEL button missing in V2 firmware

    Have downloaded the V2 firmware and now I cannot find the 'set level' button for auto level. Anyone know where it is now located or is the function now automatic?

  • #2
    That's a very good point.

    With the previous firmware, I had a slight drift to the left when I activated self level.
    Updated to v2 firmware.

    While I was there I thought I would sort my pitch out.
    Got to field and thought I would test it, now the drift has become more of a fast drift to the left.

    I then thought S^$t I forgot to click self level.
    Not had it back on computer yet, but you saying that, I don't recall seeing it either.

    Looks like it is automatic then.
    Not a biggy for me, as it does autolevel ok, and then I'm straight back into normal mode.
    Heli's: Trex 700 - os gt15hz : Goblin 380 & MSH Brain - Trex 450 Ikon : Blade 550x & 180cfx
    FPV: Sky Cruise 2400 - Cyclops Tornado - 700tvl cam
    SkyWalker - Cyclops Tornado - 700tvl cam
    DJI F550 - Naza v2 - iOsd - BT module - 700tvl cam
    Mini Talon - MFD - 700tvl cam

    Comment


    • #3
      I also have a fast drift to the left which I did not have under V1. Anyone else having the same problems under V2?






      Originally posted by _tj_ View Post
      That's a very good point.

      With the previous firmware, I had a slight drift to the left when I activated self level.
      Updated to v2 firmware.

      While I was there I thought I would sort my pitch out.
      Got to field and thought I would test it, now the drift has become more of a fast drift to the left.

      I then thought S^$t I forgot to click self level.
      Not had it back on computer yet, but you saying that, I don't recall seeing it either.

      Looks like it is automatic then.
      Not a biggy for me, as it does autolevel ok, and then I'm straight back into normal mode.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes i noticed that to,think it does it automatically now in unit
        • Trex 700N RMJ,msh brain
        • Goblin 700 black thunder sport,vbar Neo
        • Trex 700L Dfc,vbar Night Flyer
        • Trex 700x,Vbar Neo
        • Goblin 570,msh brain
        • Goblin 380 kse,msh brain
        • ​NeXt sim and DX9 and Vcontrol

        Comment


        • #5
          Yup, it's automatic now.
          Helis: Oxy 2 FE / Oxy 2 Sport / Protos 380 / Oxy 4 Max / Gaui X3 380mm
          Electronics:
          Spartan VX1e / Spartan VX1n / Spartan VX1p / MSH Brain2 mini / Jeti DS-14
          Sims: Realflight / AccuRC
          / Phoenix RC (Wireless) | AccuRC (Wireless) | Realflight (Wireless)

          Team rep for Lynx/Oxy, Founder of NightWave Systems, #450guy

          Comment


          • #6
            The new V2 firmware constantly re-calibrates during flight, if you have any drift then it is most likely to be from vibrations. If you have a faulty accelerometer, then the swash will twitch 12 times during initialisation, not the usual 4 times.

            Try using different mounting pads and make sure nothing else is touching the unit, also make sure your servo leads are not too tight, they will transmit more vibration if they are.....

            Comment


            • #7
              Tried it out on a new trex 700 build and it was perfect. I dont use the pads that come with the brain never have.
              I use a double layer of maplin foam tape
              Double Sided Foam Tape 12mm x 10m | Maplin
              protos maxv2
              TREX 700e DFC DOMINATOR
              RC HELI NATION
              CITIZEN NO
              278


              Comment


              • #8
                You hit the nail on the head - I removed the unit and using the same pad as provided with the Brain, re- located with a little more slack in the wiring. Very little drift requiring only one notch on the TX to dial it out.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Sorted the fast drift on two heli's now. Use a softer pad underneath the Brain to keep vibrations down. just put a Brain on a Blade 450 and flew really well today with the soft pad. If anyone has a Brain FBL unit for sale let me know please as have a new project in mind

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by flybywire View Post
                    Very little drift requiring only one notch on the TX to dial it out.
                    By notch did you mean trim? You shouldnt be using trim with fbl. Subtrims should all be set to 0 making the switches inactive
                    Dan

                    Goblin 700c carbon - Xnova, Brain2
                    Goblin 570 - Scorpion, Tribunus, Brain2
                    Goblin 420 - Xnova, Brain
                    Dx9 black

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Absolutely

                      I meant trim

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        You shouldn't be using trim, the FBL unit sees it as an input, if you have drift then it is possibly a mechanical set up issue, swash not level possibly. Check your swash in the set up.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by stevewyatt69 View Post
                          You shouldn't be using trim, the FBL unit sees it as an input, if you have drift then it is possibly a mechanical set up issue, swash not level possibly. Check your swash in the set up.
                          Thanks

                          I eventually went back to the beginning and set up the heli - Forza 450 from scratch mechanically - it made an immediate difference as it sits in the hover with hands off the cyclic control now. Just shows how good the Brain FBL unit is when it is set up correctly. I have 4 units now and have swapped from using V-Bar. They appear to be in short supply at the moment as am trying to find one for the next project.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Kyle has them in stock at RC Hero, top bloke to deal with too....!

                            MSH Brain2 Flybarless System [MSH51636]

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks for that. Has anyone tried the HD version - apart from the switch I cannot see the reason for the extra money?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X