Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BX Plus pro with standard Spektrum RX?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • BX Plus pro with standard Spektrum RX?

    I have a BeastX Plus HD with pro software. I am considering using on a gasser and one thought I have is the possibility of using a Spektrum AR7100R which has a built in governor / rev-limiter.

    My question is: Would I lose any functions in the BeastX by using a standard RX? (I am using a gen1 DX8 so not looking for telemetry or anything).
    Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
    Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
    Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

    member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
    Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

  • #2
    Sorry this is probably of no use to you but im using the plus with an ar9030T and everything works fine
    Spektrum IX12
    Blade Inductrix
    T-Rex 150X
    T-Rex 450L, Heli Option Turn-buckles, carbon push rod, 6s, Stock Electrics, Giant Power Lipos
    Goblin 380 Kyle Stacy, 360mm, 6s, AR7210BX, Align 430m/525m @ 6.0v, Castle Talon 90, Scorpion 3020-1000, Optipower 2700 30c
    Goblin 570 Carbon Red, Stretched to 600mm, Blackline 3D Blades, 12s, BD 3SX, Align 800/850 HV servos @ 8.0v Castle 120 Phoenix Edge HV, Scorpion, Thunderpower G8s
    T-Rex 800e Pro DFC, Hobbywing 200A, 760x Head, BeastX

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks. Since this post I have pretty much decided to use the Beast X on an electric heli where I won't be using the gov anyway. I'm not sure if I even want to fiddle with the gasser, it depends on all this lockdown crap and how much flying season I get.
      Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
      Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
      Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

      member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
      Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah hopefully it wont be long!

        Out of interest, how do you find the Bx vs other FBL you have used. I have one on my 380 and 800 and they work fine but ive always been tempted by a spirit. I have a BD3sx on my 570 which at the time was pretty much the first rescue fbl. But is now of course EoL

        Just wondering if its worth changing. I do like the idea of GPS on my 800.

        In terms of govs im happy with the castle and HW internals so thats not an issue really for me.
        Spektrum IX12
        Blade Inductrix
        T-Rex 150X
        T-Rex 450L, Heli Option Turn-buckles, carbon push rod, 6s, Stock Electrics, Giant Power Lipos
        Goblin 380 Kyle Stacy, 360mm, 6s, AR7210BX, Align 430m/525m @ 6.0v, Castle Talon 90, Scorpion 3020-1000, Optipower 2700 30c
        Goblin 570 Carbon Red, Stretched to 600mm, Blackline 3D Blades, 12s, BD 3SX, Align 800/850 HV servos @ 8.0v Castle 120 Phoenix Edge HV, Scorpion, Thunderpower G8s
        T-Rex 800e Pro DFC, Hobbywing 200A, 760x Head, BeastX

        Comment


        • #5
          I haven't flown the latest BeastX. I had a very early version way back when they first came out, then moved over to the Total-G and the Spartan. So now I have been pretty much all Spartan Vortex all these years and just recently I wanted to try something with rescue. So I got a few Spirits. I only got round to trying a Spirit last year on my Trex 500 and I was still tweaking and fiddling to try to get it flying as good as the Spartan. Now I have learned more just from reading and spending time in the Spirit setup software, so I think (hope) I'll be able to tune it to my liking.

          The BeastX came with an airframe and at the time I swapped it out for a Spartan as I was already very familiar with the Spartans. So I have only just gone through the PC software and had a browse around.

          Two things I liked about the Beast X from the beginning are: 1. that at least you have some controls physically on the unit, and in theory you can change anything else using the LEDs. 2. I like the method of tuning the cyclic response using the stick travel adjusts.

          With the Spirits I have assigned a couple parameters to spare channels in the TX so hopefully I can get them dialed-in at the field in one flying session.
          Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
          Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
          Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

          member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
          Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice one cheers, looked at the spartans but as they don't bring much in terms of features to the table over what i have i sort of disregarded them. Have asked the spirit store if they are still shipping so ill see what they say and maybe try one.
            Spektrum IX12
            Blade Inductrix
            T-Rex 150X
            T-Rex 450L, Heli Option Turn-buckles, carbon push rod, 6s, Stock Electrics, Giant Power Lipos
            Goblin 380 Kyle Stacy, 360mm, 6s, AR7210BX, Align 430m/525m @ 6.0v, Castle Talon 90, Scorpion 3020-1000, Optipower 2700 30c
            Goblin 570 Carbon Red, Stretched to 600mm, Blackline 3D Blades, 12s, BD 3SX, Align 800/850 HV servos @ 8.0v Castle 120 Phoenix Edge HV, Scorpion, Thunderpower G8s
            T-Rex 800e Pro DFC, Hobbywing 200A, 760x Head, BeastX

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah I got my first Spartan back when the original VX1 came out. I was about to get a VBar because at the time it was the benchmark for FBL (and this was before rescue was a common feature). I liked the Spartan straight away, loved the convenience of the Datapod, the firmware is so well laid-out and it flies great. But unfortunately the company is all but dead, no updates, no development etc. I'll probably keep flying a few of them, we shall see.


              Originally posted by james_2k View Post
              Nice one cheers, looked at the spartans but as they don't bring much in terms of features to the table over what i have i sort of disregarded them. Have asked the spirit store if they are still shipping so ill see what they say and maybe try one.
              Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
              Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
              Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

              member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
              Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

              Comment

              Working...
              X