Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3GX on 250. Gyro problems.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3GX on 250. Gyro problems.

    I have TRex 250, 3GX flybarless controller, Spektrum satellietes and DX6i
    3 GX mounted upside down. Set correctly in settings for inverted.

    I don't seem to have heading hold gyro option.

    When I spool up and get near lift of the tail wags violently.

    Adjusted gyro gains through the range but no difference.
    Tried gyro on end point settings.
    When I switch the gyro switch the 'GOV' light changes from green to red. Is this correct. The gyro is still in rate mode though.
    Tail always centres when stick moved instead of staying at point moved to.
    I have setup 3GX before and not seen this problem.

    Wondering if gyro function of 3GX faulty.

    Any ideas.

    EDIT:-
    Just read that when satellite receivers are used the 'Governor' is controlled by channel 5 which is normally gyro.

    I have a DX6i so how do I get Gyro gain onto a channel or how do I get it to be switchable Rate/Heading hold. Switching is not too important but gain is.
    Last edited by bikerflier; 01-01-2012, 01:12 PM.
    TRex 500 FBL DFC VBar Pro Blueline, Standard Align Setup.
    TRex 500 Pro DFC 3GX, Standard Align Setup
    mCPX
    Phoenix
    Futaba 10C

  • #2
    sounds like you need to swop around in radio, if it centers it only in heading hold
    Santander Factory Team

    Proud wearer of 5 x EGS

    Comment


    • #3
      If it centres it's in rate mode.
      As in my edit, it seems to be something to do with Spektrum satellites with 3GX. The satellites make governor mode be on channel 5 which is normally gyro.
      If I assign gyro to idle up switch in dx6i it still activates governor not gyro.
      Thanks anyway.
      TRex 500 FBL DFC VBar Pro Blueline, Standard Align Setup.
      TRex 500 Pro DFC 3GX, Standard Align Setup
      mCPX
      Phoenix
      Futaba 10C

      Comment


      • #4
        3gx uses channel 7 for gyro control,unsure if you can change this in the 3gx setup to accept channel 5s input as gyro control.

        Comment


        • #5
          Not sure if this is of help ?
          Need help flying 3gx with dx6i (spektrum std 6-channel reciever) - HeliFreak
          ​SWRCH , Oh.. And a Helix 700 Gasser, Hv with SK540.....with SAB HPS head.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hwy buddy.

            As mentioned above, in order to use a DX6i with the 3GX you need to run a seperate receiver to be able to move the gyro gain channel to GEAR. When using sats on the 3GX gyro gain defaults to AUX2, which a 6 channel set cannot control.

            Align should have added the ability for the user to alter the switch assignment to allow 6 channel use, but have not done so.
            .
            Ian Contessa
            Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



            Coolice Power Supplies
            Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

            Comment


            • #7
              Thank you for that.
              Doesn't seem it's possible on a DX6i with satellites.

              Looks like I have to use a full range receiver if I want to use DX6i and have gyro on channel 5.

              OR: Give my son my DX7 to use with his TRex 250 with the 3GX and satellites.

              Well seeing as he hasn't paid me for the heli, took my new 3GX as it arrived on Saturday before I could put it onto my 600, I might just as well give in completely and give him the DX7.

              Blast, now I've got to set it all up again on the DX7.
              I'm never going to get my new 600 flying at this rate.


              Originally posted by Silverlyx View Post
              TRex 500 FBL DFC VBar Pro Blueline, Standard Align Setup.
              TRex 500 Pro DFC 3GX, Standard Align Setup
              mCPX
              Phoenix
              Futaba 10C

              Comment

              Working...
              X