Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3GX governor,anyone else using it and having issues?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3GX governor,anyone else using it and having issues?

    on V1.1 the calculator didnt work so after getting some advice from gavin at kaos rc i updated to V1.2 and the calculator is now fine.My problem now is that im sure im not gettig the headspeed the calculator is showing.Ive tried it all the way up to 100% on my dx8 which shows a h.s of 2200,and the revs sound very low in flight compared to running on throttle curves and the engine bogs when doing several flips etc.Whenever i hear vids of 700n's in flight the engines are screaming.

    Ive checked the gov atv in my dx8 is at 100% (tried up to 130%)
    magnets are less than 1mm from the sensor,and ive calibrated the gov as per the instructions.Other than trying a stand alone gov im out of ideas...
    goblin BT700 havok (red)

  • #2
    I maidened my 3GX (v1.2) a couple of days ago and the gov worked fine. Do you definitely have it enabled? i.e. is it showing a green light on the 3Gx rather than the red?

    Comment


    • #3
      Yeh it blinks when going over the correct magnet and is red in normal,green in idl 1+2 where ive got the tx %'s set.


      Originally posted by J-S-Q View Post
      I maidened my 3GX (v1.2) a couple of days ago and the gov worked fine. Do you definitely have it enabled? i.e. is it showing a green light on the 3Gx rather than the red?
      goblin BT700 havok (red)

      Comment


      • #4
        Well then I don't know what else to suggest apart from the obvious. e.g. double check your throttle calibration, double check the sensor mounting and sensor cable, have you definitely got the correct ratio in the 3GX software (which from memory was 8.2 for my 700N)? etc.

        If it's any help, on my DX8, if I look at the output monitor screen my governor gain channel is set for 67% in Idle 1 and 78% in Idle 2 which according to the 3GX software is giving me about 1,950 rpm in Idle 2. I haven't tached it but it sounds about right in flight and doesn't bog etc.

        Comment


        • #5
          cheers,what ratio are you running? ive got mine set to 8.2 in the software.my main gear is 164T and the engine pinion is 20T,is that correct?



          Originally posted by J-S-Q View Post
          Well then I don't know what else to suggest apart from the obvious. e.g. double check your throttle calibration, double check the sensor mounting and sensor cable, have you definitely got the correct ratio in the 3GX software (which from memory was 8.2 for my 700N)? etc.

          If it's any help, on my DX8, if I look at the output monitor screen my governor gain channel is set for 67% in Idle 1 and 78% in Idle 2 which according to the 3GX software is giving me about 1,950 rpm in Idle 2. I haven't tached it but it sounds about right in flight and doesn't bog etc.
          goblin BT700 havok (red)

          Comment


          • #6
            Well I'd have to double check in the 3GX software to be certain but from memory I'm 99.9% sure it was 8.2 for the ratio.

            Comment

            Working...
            X