Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Binding 2 Spektrum satellites to 3GX - problems.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Binding 2 Spektrum satellites to 3GX - problems.

    Ok - I'm having issues that I cannot figure out.

    I've hooked up my servo's directly (ail, pitch, elevator and throttle) to the 3GX, plugged in the 6A external BEC (stock - T Rex 700E) using a 2s1350 TP rx pack for power, connected 2 Spektrum satellite rx's, inserted the bind plug into the bind port and then switched on - initially i get the rapid blinking sat's and then turn on my DX7 whilst holding down the switch on the back - everything working normally, I then get a solid light so remove the bind plug - almost instantly I get the flashing satellites indication a 'brown out' power issue and the 3GX has all sorts of lights flashing on it with the servo's periodically twitching.

    Any ideas where i am going wrong? The same happens if I power down after the above and then switch on again using the normal TX on first, then rx etc...RX pack is fully charged and so is TX.

    Ta.
    • T-Rex 550E 3G FBL
      T-Rex 700E 3GX FBL

  • #2
    faulty regulator probly Ive had loads of probs with the align reg's be carefull with them....if you have an ordinary nimh try plugging that directly to the rx and see if that works then you will no if the regs to blame

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey.

      Are you using an Align regulator? I have seen these work ok, I wouldn't on a 700E due to the amp rating being a bit low but it should work on the bench.

      I've had a similar issue when using a castle ice100 bec, basically as soon as the 3G initialized the power output to the servos wasn't smooth from the bec and all servos and spektrum lights were twitching.

      Best check is as above, plug a 4.8-6 volt supply to the 3GX bypassing the regulator.
      .
      Ian Contessa
      Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



      Coolice Power Supplies
      Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

      Comment


      • #4
        Ta for the replies, it is the stock Align reg - I'll try my nicad pack straight through once it's charged, the Align reg lights up correctly showing a full pack but there is certainly a power issue somewhere.

        I have couple of castle creations regs sat around the 10A BEC and the 20A BEC pro (although) that's wired up to my 550E but might be worth a try to get the 700 off the groundso to speak.
        Last edited by simon737; 17-12-2011, 05:55 PM.
        • T-Rex 550E 3G FBL
          T-Rex 700E 3GX FBL

        Comment


        • #5
          Ok, so tried all suggestions, no joy. I've plugged in ail, pitch and elevator plugged in a fully charged nicad pack, powered up whilst holding set button on 3gx and the let go as it cycles through the green LED's, on letting go the rx sat's start blinking and the servos twitch every 10 secs with no response from the tx....
          • T-Rex 550E 3G FBL
            T-Rex 700E 3GX FBL

          Comment


          • #6
            AH! .......words fail even me sometimes, battery plugged in the wrong way around.....what a tw*t.
            • T-Rex 550E 3G FBL
              T-Rex 700E 3GX FBL

            Comment

            Working...
            X