Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spektrum Module and 3GX

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Spektrum Module and 3GX

    Hey All.

    I've not tried this but have been assured it works for anyone in a similar position.

    You may or may not know, that fitting a Spektrum Module to your older transmitter (10X, 9X,9XII etc. etc.) will not allow you to fly a model that has a 3GX connected to satellite receivers. Quite why not I've never found out, as the technology is the same, but even though the setup binds ok you will not have full control over the model. Normally you would have to fit a standard Spektrum receiver to get this FBL unit to work with a module.

    Now, apparently there is a trick to get around this :-)


    You will need a spare Spektrum receiver and I am guessing an AR9000 that can have two seperate satellites connected to it.
    Using this receiver, bind your sats to the module you have in the normal way, it may be advantageous to make sure your failsafe positions are going to be correct when these sats are later fitted to the model.
    Now, with the sats bound to your transmitter, disconnect them from the AR9000 and connect to the 3GX.

    Voila, your satellite'd 3GX should now work with your Spektrum moduled transmitter.

    Again I have not tried this, I intend to if I can on my now sold 3GX'd 450 PRO, but it if works it's good to know.

    If you try it out let me know :-)
    .
    Ian Contessa
    Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



    Coolice Power Supplies
    Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's
Working...
X