Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3gx 1.2 update officially available.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3gx 1.2 update officially available.

    Align have just released the official 3gx update1.2 With some new features.
    I don't know how to post link through phone sorry guys.
    Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Sponsored By
    Goblin 500-V bar T-rex700N with FLYBAR.
    http://www.lindensmfc.co.uk/

  • #2
    Here you go : ALIGN 3GX UPDATE MAIN PAGE

    Dan

    Goblin 500
    | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
    Spektrum DX8


    GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

    Comment


    • #3
      Will this update mean the heli has to go through the whole set up again like the beastx v3 update?
      Stainburn Helicopter Club
      Sab Goblin 700 Competition Carbon
      Sab Goblin Black Nitro 650
      MSH Protos 380


      Vbar Control

      Comment


      • #4
        Has anyone done this yet? Looking for a quick review before I do mine tomorrow.
        Jr forza 700 - one mean machine!lol
        Logo 600sx v2- the big boy
        Trex 550l- crazyness
        Optim 80cp- Just amazing!
        All using Neos with Vbar control

        Comment


        • #5
          I think you would need to a resetup but not 100% as have not tried yet as been working late, hope to read up reviews of 1.2 later

          Dan

          Goblin 500
          | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
          Spektrum DX8


          GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

          Comment


          • #6
            Hey all.

            Yes, you will need to go through DIR mode again to make sure all is correct still. You might find all is as before on V1.1 but for the 10 minutes it takes its best to check.

            Also, in theory no V1.1 settings files will work as well on V1.2. However the ones I came to on V1.2beta wasn't far off my V1.1 settings.

            I'll be keen to hear how people find V1.2, but i wasn't to blown away by the beta release and went back to V1.1 :-)
            .
            Last edited by coolice; 28-10-2011, 08:54 PM.
            Ian Contessa
            Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



            Coolice Power Supplies
            Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

            Comment


            • #7
              I was also looking for a review but will be testing tomorrow anyway, hopefully. All the control surfaces and sensor directions were fine but as Coolice said it's best to check anyway. The only difference i've found so far is that my custom settings from V1.1 had to be adjusted (increased) so that I had the same roll/flip rate in the movement speed screen.
              SAB GOBLIN 700 COMPETITION / MIKADO ​NEO
              MIKADO VCONTROL
              SCORPION ​TRIBUNUS
              neXt


              https://www.facebook.com/themedwaymassive






              Comment


              • #8
                I was testing the beta version and did find a couple of problems, both with the elevator, one was a delay in loops just past the vertical, and the other was a major downward pitch on the exit of loops.

                So not very sure about 1.2 either.
                Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

                Current kit

                Evo 50
                T-rex 500FG night setup.
                T-rex 700N pro
                T-rex 450 pro
                10CP
                Frankenstarter (dynatron)

                Comment


                • #9
                  So stick with v1.1?
                  Jr forza 700 - one mean machine!lol
                  Logo 600sx v2- the big boy
                  Trex 550l- crazyness
                  Optim 80cp- Just amazing!
                  All using Neos with Vbar control

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hey.

                    As most know I to put a lot of time into testing V1.2beta, while I didn't get the loop entry and exit problems as above I did have a very pitchy elevator, especially apparent in backwards snakes. On using pitch and elevator to initiate the snake motion the elevator would snap round sharply.
                    Even on V1.1 a simple elevator flip can be made to speed up and slow down on the elevator axis during with the application of collective pitch, I've got mine running quite well but still with the odd quirk. Chaos reversals were my recent problem, sometimes I could lock them in well but the above changes in flip speed with collective mean if you add too much or too little pitch mid chaos the cyclic timing can get out of sync and the manouver gets messy.

                    Personally I would say stick with V1.1 as its been a much better feel in flight, however it would be good to know if the actual V1.2 release has righted some of the inaccuracys.
                    Unfortunately for the time being I'm not going to be able to test this actual release as I'm giving the dark side a go, I've vbar'd my 550 to see if there really is a benefit.
                    .
                    Last edited by coolice; 29-10-2011, 07:10 PM.
                    Ian Contessa
                    Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



                    Coolice Power Supplies
                    Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      tried v1.2 on my 450 pro today, i think it is better than v1.1 on the pro anyway,much smoother on the elevator, tic tocs are a lot more predictable and i found the model was more stable in the hover.Only down side was a slight bounce on the elev and rudder whitch i will see if i can tune out tomorrow.I have to say i did not like the 450 on v1.1 but v1.2 seem to suit me better.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Have they taken it off cos I cant see it ALIGN 3GX UPDATE MAIN PAGE
                        Today's outlook is fine for flying.
                        • Spektrum DX18 gen2, Phoenix Sims, Align MR25XP.
                        • Blade Nano, mCP X, 130x, Blade 180, Mini T 450se
                        • Trex 250dfc Gpro, Trex 500EFL Gpro.
                        • Trex 600E Gpro DFC, Trex 600NSP now Gpro, DFC, Redline 56
                        • Flickr Through My Pictures.
                        • A helicopter is an aircraft that is lifted and propelled by one or more horizontal rotors because Wikipedia said so.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Top left corner. Or scroll down the big picture
                          SAB GOBLIN 700 COMPETITION / MIKADO ​NEO
                          MIKADO VCONTROL
                          SCORPION ​TRIBUNUS
                          neXt


                          https://www.facebook.com/themedwaymassive






                          Comment


                          • #14
                            All done, I've upload the firmware on my 450 so I'll give that ago before I try it on 500
                            Today's outlook is fine for flying.
                            • Spektrum DX18 gen2, Phoenix Sims, Align MR25XP.
                            • Blade Nano, mCP X, 130x, Blade 180, Mini T 450se
                            • Trex 250dfc Gpro, Trex 500EFL Gpro.
                            • Trex 600E Gpro DFC, Trex 600NSP now Gpro, DFC, Redline 56
                            • Flickr Through My Pictures.
                            • A helicopter is an aircraft that is lifted and propelled by one or more horizontal rotors because Wikipedia said so.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I had 2 flights with it today. Tic tocs were nicer but piroflips were not as locked in as before and the elevator didn't feel right somehow. Will fly more before I decide to revert back to 1.1
                              SAB GOBLIN 700 COMPETITION / MIKADO ​NEO
                              MIKADO VCONTROL
                              SCORPION ​TRIBUNUS
                              neXt


                              https://www.facebook.com/themedwaymassive






                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X