Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Align 3GX V1.2 beta firmware in testing phase

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Align 3GX V1.2 beta firmware in testing phase

    Hey all.

    I found out that Align are testing V1.2 firmware for the 3GX, I have also managed to get hold of it from Dino Spadaccini over on HF as he was offering to post it out to people on the assumption they know its currently in beta form and down to the flier to use at their own risk.

    This is what text I got sent, I'll try to post the pictures he sent as well if i can off my phone. (Will do this later from pc)

    " Ok Guys here is the beta 1.2 here are a few things you need to do.
    There are two parts to the update both are attached.

    1. install the software you will need winrar save to desktop and update the pc interface first that’s the 3gx software

    2. then you can hook up the heli to the software the way you will know it’s the beta it will read 1.2 beta like In the pic above

    3. On a nitro heli 700 put the pots at 11.00 o’clock on the e700 around 12.00 install the beta firmware.

    4. then read you model then you must write a stock 700 file or what ever you are updating I did my nitro first so a 700 expert file was written in to have a clean start no tweaks or you will have problems with this update.
    Once you have written a clean file you will see a slider on the model section pic above flight cond control leave a 60 then go the rubber section you will see at the bottom a anti torque slider on nitro 700n use a value of 25 on a E700 use 20 then write this to the model.

    Now you must do your DIR over again, along with your Tail limits if a nitro heli you need to do the gov setup also. At this point your ready to fly test your tail in a hover and set the tail speed with your end limits you tail will be fast on futaba 92% is nice on spk not sure. The gov will come in slow but holds great and no over speed we are working on the spool up rate you might need to re- needle the motor. If you have any questions my cell is 914 755 0051 remember this is Beta and you assume the risk if we need to Skype dinospad I can be found under.

    Regards Dino"

    If anyone wants to give this a go themselves, bearing in mind the risks I will post the firmware files somewhere.
    I'm toying with giving it a go this coming weekend.

    Files uploaded.

    "Please remember you are using these at your own risk guys & gals and Align have not officially released this as yet.

    Part 1; http://www.sendspace.com/file/harzar

    Part 2; http://www.sendspace.com/file/dnpcwn

    WinRAR needed to unzip and join two parts; http://www.win-rar.com/download.html
    .
    Last edited by coolice; 23-09-2011, 04:14 PM.
    Ian Contessa
    Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



    Coolice Power Supplies
    Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

  • #2
    cool ive been watching leon lukes posts on facebook and he has said the improvements are great. sorts out issues on tick tocks, gives a rock steady tail. He has managed to set up the 700n and 700e to feel the same which im told is kind of impossible to do with other units.

    Im gonna try and get hold of this update and give it ago.
    Sponsored By
    Goblin 500-V bar T-rex700N with FLYBAR.
    http://www.lindensmfc.co.uk/

    Comment


    • #3
      Hey.

      I'll get on my pc soon and upload the two rar files for people to download.
      .
      Ian Contessa
      Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



      Coolice Power Supplies
      Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

      Comment


      • #4
        can't wait hoping for the wind to drop. then gonna go for a fly this evening.
        Sponsored By
        Goblin 500-V bar T-rex700N with FLYBAR.
        http://www.lindensmfc.co.uk/

        Comment


        • #5
          Links added.
          .
          Ian Contessa
          Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



          Coolice Power Supplies
          Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

          Comment


          • #6
            look forward to hearing reports on this update as i like the already good performance of the 3gx
            Kel Velocity 50 sk-720 ,Fusion 50 v-bar pro 5.2 ,Velocity 90 v-bar pro 5.2 & JR DSX11 ,Phoenix and a fridge full of bottled water RCHA Courier Services PM for Details www.parcelshipper.co.uk and www.impactexpress.co.uk

            Comment


            • #7
              Well thats downloaded to the laptop. now comes the scary bit of updating the heli.
              Sponsored By
              Goblin 500-V bar T-rex700N with FLYBAR.
              http://www.lindensmfc.co.uk/

              Comment


              • #8
                Would I have to reset everything on my heli to do the update?
                Jr forza 700 - one mean machine!lol
                Logo 600sx v2- the big boy
                Trex 550l- crazyness
                Optim 80cp- Just amazing!
                All using Neos with Vbar control

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by sunny_manku1985 View Post
                  Would I have to reset everything on my heli to do the update?
                  Hey.

                  Yes, once you have updated the 3GX to V1.2 you will have to go through DIR setup again and the gyro setup parameters, to set gyro sense directions and limits etc as these will be reset back to default.
                  However it doesn't take long if you've done it before.
                  .
                  Ian Contessa
                  Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



                  Coolice Power Supplies
                  Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Not that I have one but out of interest if the update fails is there a way to re-flash the old firmware ?
                    Cheers
                    Stuart

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Stuart View Post
                      Not that I have one but out of interest if the update fails is there a way to re-flash the old firmware ?
                      Hey Stuart.

                      Yes buddy, you can revert back to the original firmware which is V1.1.
                      Basically the above files update the 3GX PC software installation to V1.2 beta and provide the V1.2b firmware file/flashing program, so you would need to take a USB stick loaded with the older V1.1 PC software and firmware files that you would then use to reinstall the older version back onto your PC/laptop should you want to downgrade.
                      This is what I am going to do, as I'm sat here wondering do I....... don't I........ especially as last week I flew about 7 packs through my 550 fine tuning V1.1 to fly reasonably well and my 450 PRO isn't a good enough base to really try this version out on.
                      .
                      Ian Contessa
                      Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



                      Coolice Power Supplies
                      Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well, I did it! All flashed to V1.2 and DIR setup once more, lol I only maidened this model with the 3GX fitted last weekend and I've set it all up again.

                        Proof of the pudding will be in the flying tomorrow
                        Will report back once I have a few flights under the belt.
                        .
                        Ian Contessa
                        Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



                        Coolice Power Supplies
                        Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I had just got heli on the bench ready to plug in then my eyes go funky straight into another migrane. I will get it set up and flying tomorrow after work. Been dying to fly all this week.

                          Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
                          Sponsored By
                          Goblin 500-V bar T-rex700N with FLYBAR.
                          http://www.lindensmfc.co.uk/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Its all set up. I had help last time i was setting this up and after checking it today i found more neg pitch than pos +14 -12 so that explains a little. Also i have set cyclic pitch to 12 as leon luke on HF reccomends as mine was set to nine so im expecting super fast everything but hope fully smooth fast.

                            The update was easy peasy to install and resetting the 3gx is very simple. I have used the instruction and base setting as supplied on the E mail to coolice.

                            Im off for a fly will let you all know how it goes
                            Sponsored By
                            Goblin 500-V bar T-rex700N with FLYBAR.
                            http://www.lindensmfc.co.uk/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Gobsmacked! Unbelievable! Absolutely brilliant. Tail is perfect, cyclic are so smooth and if you want very aggressive with a jab of the sticks, governor is so very different and is in my limited knowledge AWESOME it holds no matter what you do.

                              I have got to knock the tail speed down a little as it is very fast as dino said it would be.
                              The gov spools up very slow and very weird but it is silky smooth and once its up to speed it holds with no overspeed.

                              To say I'm impressed is an understatement, if you are willing to test you won't be dissapointed

                              Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
                              Sponsored By
                              Goblin 500-V bar T-rex700N with FLYBAR.
                              http://www.lindensmfc.co.uk/

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X