Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

slight wag, fast backward flight

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • slight wag, fast backward flight

    hi all
    finally maidened the 3gx 450v2 yesterday, i was quite impressed flew quite nice out the box, just a small turn on the ele pot, the only problem is a small tail wag in fast backwards flight. i am going to have a play with it first chance i get, just wondering if anybody might have any ideas as to cause or a fix
    adamf
    Sab Goblin, vbar 5.3 pro, 5025-440, Heli jive, bl 9180 & bl 9188

    Trex 700E, vbar 5.3 pro, PYRO 700-52, Power jazz 63v, bls256hv, and some swirling bright lights

    Trex 700E pro dfc HV, vbar 5.3 pro, 800mx, Heli jive, reactor hvx,

    Blade 130x

  • #2
    The following might help:-

    Modifying 3G for better performance - HeliFreak
    Been there and done that, but never stop learning.
    Now too many Helis to mention?

    Comment


    • #3
      HI,

      My V2 was exactly the same with wag but i had it on ff too... I started like on my other Align gyros at 35%. It was fine in a hover but in ff anf f/backwards it wagged like mad.

      I had to drop the gyro gain down to 26% and its fine now.. I do have some elevator nod when it gets some straight line speed but I suppose I just need to turn the ele gain down a touch..

      The HF thread is done on a nitro so an electric shouldnt have the vibes like that? Sod taking the 3GX apart tho

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by johnsandywhite View Post
        Hey.

        This trick was for the 3G and not the 3GX Adamf has ;-)

        You could try lowering the rudder lock gain, it might be trying to hold onto the tail too tight which is giving the impression of too high a gain.
        I run a shorter arm on my 450's tail which allows a higher gain before wag sets in, might also be worth considering.
        .
        Ian Contessa
        Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



        Coolice Power Supplies
        Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the reply guys, I think I will have a play with the lock gain first and then play with the servo arm
          Cheers again everyone,
          adamf
          Sab Goblin, vbar 5.3 pro, 5025-440, Heli jive, bl 9180 & bl 9188

          Trex 700E, vbar 5.3 pro, PYRO 700-52, Power jazz 63v, bls256hv, and some swirling bright lights

          Trex 700E pro dfc HV, vbar 5.3 pro, 800mx, Heli jive, reactor hvx,

          Blade 130x

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by coolice View Post
            Hey.

            This trick was for the 3G and not the 3GX Adamf has ;-)

            You could try lowering the rudder lock gain, it might be trying to hold onto the tail too tight which is giving the impression of too high a gain.
            I run a shorter arm on my 450's tail which allows a higher gain before wag sets in, might also be worth considering.
            .

            Oops. I meant to link this one:-

            3GX settings - HeliFreak
            Been there and done that, but never stop learning.
            Now too many Helis to mention?

            Comment

            Working...
            X