Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Align 3GX Issues

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Align 3GX Issues

    Hi all

    looking for some help and advice pleas on a 3gx.

    I have this currenlty on my trex 500 mounted on the torque tube case using the align tape that came with it. I have used the presets for the 500 on inter.

    The problems I am having is the tail bounces on stop the piro rate is inconstant when performing hard climbs and decent the helix dolphins. I also am getting a lot of elevator bounce which gets better if I low the gain on the pot.

    I have updated the unit to v1.1

    Any help or advice anyone can give would be great

    Thanks

  • #2
    Hey.

    Tail bounce you can smooth out using the "Rudder Stop gain Adjustment" in the PC link software, increase it to stop the tail bouncing on hard stops.

    During hard climbouts remember that you are loading and unloading the main rotors and hence also changing tail rotor rpm and thus tail authority as well, this will be made worse if you are not using a controller with a decent govenor maintaining a near constant rotor rpm.
    There is a parameter within the 3GX software that allows you to balance the pirouette rate so that both are the same, by default it's left at 0%. You have to toggle the switch to tell the 3GX if it is mounted label side up or down and then adjust the slider until the piro rates are matched. I have not really played with this myself as yet, although I have now added a bit on my 450 PRO to see what effect it actually has.

    Elevator bounce can be fixed using a combination of elevator gain, elevator lock gain and elevator stop gain adjustment sliders. My suggestion for now would be to raise the gain slightly, lower the lock gain and set the elevator stop gain at about 30% and try the model now.

    As an alternative you could try loading my 550E settings into your 3GX, they are set for the 3G but worked well in my 3GX'd 450 PRO as a starting point on the smaller model. They are attached and can be loaded into the PC software for viewing and writign across to your model.
    .
    Attached Files
    Ian Contessa
    Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



    Coolice Power Supplies
    Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

    Comment


    • #3
      great info ian i will refer to this when testing my 3gx unit over the weekend
      Kel Velocity 50 sk-720 ,Fusion 50 v-bar pro 5.2 ,Velocity 90 v-bar pro 5.2 & JR DSX11 ,Phoenix and a fridge full of bottled water RCHA Courier Services PM for Details www.parcelshipper.co.uk and www.impactexpress.co.uk

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the info Ian i will give this a try tomorrow.

        I got off couple of my issues confused as one. The piro rate is generally inconstant will make the adjustments you have said solve this

        the dolphin effect happens when climb hard and descending hard.

        Comment

        Working...
        X