Ok got sick of tail wag on my 130x and thought it was down to cleaning and wear, as cleaning did sort it for a flight or two. So today I received a shiny new ds35 servo, microheli mount and extension cable Fitted to my heli which has the following mods and hop-ups:
RUDDER GAIN ADJUSTED to -10
microheli tail box
rakon tail pitch slider
o ring mod to tail and head
450 mah batteries
everything else is stock
The trouble is, the tail wag was still there and then I remembered the threads on here about the ds 35. Some useful pointers, firstly I noticed that others had adjusted gain to -10 also, so I moved the tail servo rod in to the second hole on the servo horn. No effect - this was the point where I started playing with the gain a second time, I went right through the negative range and found that the original preset - i.e. 0 was very smooth, but still some wag! So I got curious and went up the positive range.
Guess what? +10 tail rudder gain, has left an almost imperceptible momentary tail wag when in a hover in normal flight mode, just as you move it violently and then hover again. In idle up, there is zero wag that I can see whilst hovering in my living room.
That's just some experience I thought I could share, but I would like to also ask, if I want to get rid of all tail wag, does the extra tail servo rod support mod make any difference? :
Blade 130X Tail Wag Fix -On The Bench RcHeli Jordan - YouTube
RUDDER GAIN ADJUSTED to -10
microheli tail box
rakon tail pitch slider
o ring mod to tail and head
450 mah batteries
everything else is stock
The trouble is, the tail wag was still there and then I remembered the threads on here about the ds 35. Some useful pointers, firstly I noticed that others had adjusted gain to -10 also, so I moved the tail servo rod in to the second hole on the servo horn. No effect - this was the point where I started playing with the gain a second time, I went right through the negative range and found that the original preset - i.e. 0 was very smooth, but still some wag! So I got curious and went up the positive range.
Guess what? +10 tail rudder gain, has left an almost imperceptible momentary tail wag when in a hover in normal flight mode, just as you move it violently and then hover again. In idle up, there is zero wag that I can see whilst hovering in my living room.
That's just some experience I thought I could share, but I would like to also ask, if I want to get rid of all tail wag, does the extra tail servo rod support mod make any difference? :
Blade 130X Tail Wag Fix -On The Bench RcHeli Jordan - YouTube