Hi everyone, thought I'd put up on here a quick parts upgrade and verdict,
Firstly I put on a RAKON swash plate lightweight and very well made good overall performance and no separation between the 2 swashes, but still had a lot of flex in the head itself,
So I then went for a performance head upgrade and tried Xtreme performance parts for this mainly because the cost alone meant I could have another swash included for the same money as the Rakon head and grips,
I opted for the DFC arms also
I fitted a solid carbon main shaft also but it is slightly narrower so the main drive wheel isn't so snug so be aware of this I put some thread lock on here but time will tell.
Back to the head assembly,
All parts from Xtreme fitted well parts machined brilliantly and absolutely NO SLOP in the head or swash. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade but they do have some negatives as follows.....
1, is weight, quite a lot heavier then stock
2, is the DFC arms these must be adjusted in length or at full pitch on tx, the heli is only just over take off point, this can cause an issue as you need to extent them about 5 turns this then exposes in my eyes a weak point on th arms but again time will tell.
3, there are no markings on the grip or head to allow swash alignment, not a huge prob but the front cyclic needs to be wound out quite a lot to bring it level, Rakon was better designed with head and blade marks,
But overall performance is greatly improved....
Cost wise for Xtreme heli performance head upgrade is around £40, this inc swash, grips and head
Rakon is slighter better, more thought at following the standard parts, but build quality is about the same TBH, but head upgrade from Rakon will be around £60 so for the cost verses performance my money went on Xteme heli..........
Hope this post may be of use to someone........
Firstly I put on a RAKON swash plate lightweight and very well made good overall performance and no separation between the 2 swashes, but still had a lot of flex in the head itself,
So I then went for a performance head upgrade and tried Xtreme performance parts for this mainly because the cost alone meant I could have another swash included for the same money as the Rakon head and grips,
I opted for the DFC arms also
I fitted a solid carbon main shaft also but it is slightly narrower so the main drive wheel isn't so snug so be aware of this I put some thread lock on here but time will tell.
Back to the head assembly,
All parts from Xtreme fitted well parts machined brilliantly and absolutely NO SLOP in the head or swash. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade but they do have some negatives as follows.....
1, is weight, quite a lot heavier then stock
2, is the DFC arms these must be adjusted in length or at full pitch on tx, the heli is only just over take off point, this can cause an issue as you need to extent them about 5 turns this then exposes in my eyes a weak point on th arms but again time will tell.
3, there are no markings on the grip or head to allow swash alignment, not a huge prob but the front cyclic needs to be wound out quite a lot to bring it level, Rakon was better designed with head and blade marks,
But overall performance is greatly improved....
Cost wise for Xtreme heli performance head upgrade is around £40, this inc swash, grips and head
Rakon is slighter better, more thought at following the standard parts, but build quality is about the same TBH, but head upgrade from Rakon will be around £60 so for the cost verses performance my money went on Xteme heli..........
Hope this post may be of use to someone........