So,
After last weeks slight 'Tip over' I rebuilt the 600 and went for a test flight.
It spun up okay, albeit with a slight judder...Up into the hover and the Align 75A Esc spat out a bunch of blue smoke & an Auto to the ground it was
Replaced the Esc with the Thundertiger 'Ace RC' 75A...Didn't get another Align one as I wanted an Esc with a governor that might actually work
Would have got the Castle creations 80, but non around at the minute.
Went out for another flight and the esc thermally shut down as the motor (Medusa 36-50-1600) spooled up
Returned home, fitted the Align 600L again (Which I initially removed due to sideways play in the shaft) & tried again. All okay!
So...The two week old Medusa is toast....Must have become damaged when the blades hit the deck ( I wasn't quick enough with Throttle hold)
Now what?? No point in buying another 600L, Heard bad things about the XL, Don't fancy spending £100 on another Medusa, which may be too much for my new Esc anyway...Fancy a Z30a but can't get any for love nor money!! Am I right in assuming the Century 600plus is the same motor? At £69.99 it seems like a good price. Aaah what to do, what to do...
After last weeks slight 'Tip over' I rebuilt the 600 and went for a test flight.
It spun up okay, albeit with a slight judder...Up into the hover and the Align 75A Esc spat out a bunch of blue smoke & an Auto to the ground it was

Replaced the Esc with the Thundertiger 'Ace RC' 75A...Didn't get another Align one as I wanted an Esc with a governor that might actually work
Would have got the Castle creations 80, but non around at the minute.Went out for another flight and the esc thermally shut down as the motor (Medusa 36-50-1600) spooled up
Returned home, fitted the Align 600L again (Which I initially removed due to sideways play in the shaft) & tried again. All okay!So...The two week old Medusa is toast....Must have become damaged when the blades hit the deck ( I wasn't quick enough with Throttle hold)
Now what?? No point in buying another 600L, Heard bad things about the XL, Don't fancy spending £100 on another Medusa, which may be too much for my new Esc anyway...Fancy a Z30a but can't get any for love nor money!! Am I right in assuming the Century 600plus is the same motor? At £69.99 it seems like a good price. Aaah what to do, what to do...

